2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

I think another thing to remember is that just because a guy is young doesn't necessarily mean he's going to get better (as we've found out ourselves countless times over the past decade). Some guys don't adjust well once the league adjusts to them.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
Nope it's all luck. The Cubs haven't won anything in the last 100 years and it's clearly because they're not winners. 2005. Blah blah blah.

When did our fanbase become so obnoxiously predictable?

And yet sox fans are supposed to blindly buy into the hype surrounding all their young players? Let's at least see these guys prove it over the course of a full major league season before anointing them the next dynasty. With the Cubs, I will certainly take the side of them repeating their historic futility over the likelihood of them becoming the "next cardinals."

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

I saw sloppy defense, terrible baserunning, from this new greatest team ever this weekend. Schwarber is the greatest hitter of all time, but what happens when his BABIP falls back down to a normal level?

They are playing well right now, but I can name lots of teams with young cores that never became the perennial WS champions they were made out to be.

Ball is flying out of Wrigley tonight. Tigers have hit 3 homers already and it's the 2nd inning (would have 4 but Cabrera's was taken away after a review and called fan interference). Cubs also have a homerun. But the rain is threatening to make all of those longballs disappear.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
Ball is flying out of Wrigley tonight. Tigers have hit 3 homers already and it's the 2nd inning (would have 4 but Cabrera's was taken away after a review and called fan interference). Cubs also have a homerun. But the rain is threatening to make all of those longballs disappear.

I live 3 miles south fo Wrigley and it hasn't rained at all by me tonight. I am hopimg they get that in.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 02:20 AM)
Given all the breaks they've caught this year, this game getting rained out before it's official would be par for the course.

Battle of bullpens and wind howling out is far from an easy Tigers win

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 01:07 AM)
It was like 2003 all over again rooting for Cabrera

I was thinking today of how its going to be kind of exciting and fun to cheer against the Cubs down the stretch and possibly in the playoffs. I know I dont have the disdain for them as I once did but enough to cheer for their opposing team and enjoy the games.

For those of us cheering against the Cubs, I'm torn on whether I want Norris to do well today or not. If he looks really good and dominates, then that could be a hint of what's to come for us in the future (and yes, I'm aware one start is hardly enough to show that much).

First Norris breaks the scoreboard in batting practice with a home run, then he just crushed a home run to center off Lester. Wow. That was his first plate appearance in his baseball career in years too, that's crazy.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 01:34 AM)
First Norris breaks the scoreboard in batting practice with a home run, then he just crushed a home run to center off Lester. Wow. That was his first plate appearance in his baseball career in years too, that's crazy.

At least Sox don't have to worry about his hitting