2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to get used to it. The Cubs looked stacked for a while.

Yeah I have accepted this already. Hopefully the Sox will be able to recharge and adjust so next year they can have more success and silence some of the noise.

In my heart of hearts I would still be happy for Cubs fans if they won a WS though. It's a great feeling that every baseball fan should experience at least once.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 06:52 PM)
If Rodon is on the table, the Cubs take him over Schwarber.

And I'll take the potential of an ace lefty over a DH, no matter how good.

Maybe, maybe not. They took Bryant over Gray in 2013 when Appel/Gray were the consensus top 2 picks. The FO and scouting department over there has done quite a nice job the past few years.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 10:55 PM)
Maybe, maybe not. They took Bryant over Gray in 2013 when Appel/Gray were the consensus top 2 picks. The FO and scouting department over there has done quite a nice job the past few years.

Reports were all over the place that Theo coveted Rodon.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
I am kinda of already tired of being trolled by Cubs fans at work and on FB. Like when I look through my timeline and they are saying WHERE ARE U SUX FANS NOW? GO 2005!........Yes it is juvenile and I should be above that but damn I have to really stop myself from responding and feeding into it. LOL

Some "journalist" on Twitter, with 123 followers, a few days ago compared the Cubs attendance to the Sox game, since they were playing at the same time. It was so stupid since one team is in a race and the other isn't and was obvious troll bait. I had never even heard of the guy.

As much as I don't care about the Cubs, stuff like that is why I hope they fail.

Guess he writes for ChicagoNow. Some Cubs fans just can't enjoy their run, they have to troll other fans.

John Jackson ‏@JJacksonSPT Aug 12

#Cubs attendance 36,438. Wonder about #WhiteSox game at the Cell?

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:47 AM)
Some "journalist" on Twitter, with 123 followers, a few days ago compared the Cubs attendance to the Sox game, since they were playing at the same time. It was so stupid since one team is in a race and the other isn't and was obvious troll bait. I had never even heard of the guy.

As much as I don't care about the Cubs, stuff like that is why I hope they fail.

Guess he writes for ChicagoNow. Some Cubs fans just can't enjoy their run, they have to troll other fans.

John Jackson ‏@JJacksonSPT Aug 12

#Cubs attendance 36,438. Wonder about #WhiteSox game at the Cell?

That was better than Rongey trying to troll Lester's inability to hold runners when the Cubs are in the midst of an insane run.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
Schwarber's going to end up winning ROY over Bryant and Joc.

Joc is looking more and more like Jeff Francouer. Remember how he was going to be a superstar after his early success. Joc's swing is super long. He looks worse then almost any player I've ever seen at the plate during a 2 month stretch.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 08:02 PM)
Yeah I have accepted this already. Hopefully the Sox will be able to recharge and adjust so next year they can have more success and silence some of the noise.

In my heart of hearts I would still be happy for Cubs fans if they won a WS though. It's a great feeling that every baseball fan should experience at least once.

Not me a Sox win and a Cub loss is a great day to me. I hope the Cubs never win the World Series.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Not me a Sox win and a Cub loss is a great day to me. I hope the Cubs never win the World Series.

Amen dude. Cubs fans were insufferable to me when I was a teenager and that has not changed in adulthood. I wish only sports sadness upon them.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:36 PM)
At this point, it seems rather certain Cubs will make the playoffs. Just have to hope Cardinals keep winning.

Need Mets and Nats to keep it close just so the Cubs can't plan Arrieta for wildcard game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 11:48 PM)
Need Mets and Nats to keep it close just so the Cubs can't plan Arrieta for wildcard game.

The only bright side to if they have to pitch Arrieta in WC game is that it could mean one less start vs the Cardinals, a team he's dominated.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:49 PM)
The only bright side to if they have to pitch Arrieta in WC game is that it could mean one less start vs the Cardinals, a team he's dominated.

That will make me feel a lot better about the horrible state of the White Sox organization.