2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 02:51 AM)
arrieta has always had talent, even when he struggled in Baltimore, but absolutely nothing about his career makes sense statistically. Only thing I've seen similar is halladay.

Added 2-3 mph to fastball and that insane cutter

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
arrieta has always had talent, even when he struggled in Baltimore, but absolutely nothing about his career makes sense statistically. Only thing I've seen similar is halladay.

Actually, he reminds me of Kluber last season. Out of nowhere untouchable

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 02:21 AM)
I disagree. Theo rebuilt basically the entire FO, scouting department, etc. It's not ALL him. But the origin of their transformation begins and ends with Theo.

Lots of teams wanted Arrieta, who to me is the reason they are ahead of schedule. Crappy thing is he was headed to Nationals in a trade from Orioles but Orioles owner wouldn't sign off on it due to their rivalry.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
Lots of teams wanted Arrieta, who to me is the reason they are ahead of schedule. Crappy thing is he was headed to Nationals in a trade from Orioles but Orioles owner wouldn't sign off on it due to their rivalry.

Yet the Cubs got him for Scott Feldman and some bum I can't even remember. Not buying it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
Ha. I guess Rizzo was luck, too? Getting Russell+ for a .500 pitcher was luck, too? Fowler/Montero/Coghlan? More luck, I guess.

Rizzo wasn't luck, Rizzo was Hoyer pulling a fast one on the organization he had just left

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
Ha. I guess Rizzo was luck, too? Getting Russell+ for a .500 pitcher was luck, too? Fowler/Montero/Coghlan? More luck, I guess.

Rizzo was just trading with an old business partner, there was plenty of "luck" involved with that. But they deserve full credit for the rest of their moves.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
Rizzo wasn't luck, Rizzo was Hoyer pulling a fast one on the organization he had just left

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
Rizzo was just trading with an old business partner, there was plenty of "luck" involved with that. But they deserve full credit for the rest of their moves.

That's my point. No Theo, no Jed.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
Rizzo aside, the White Sox were geniuses for Quintana, but the Cubs are geniuses for their whole roster. That team is brilliant and the rest of the organization is stacked.

*checks username after reading post to confirm that it's AustinIllini*

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 08:03 AM)
*checks username after reading post to confirm that it's AustinIllini*

If the Sox were half as good at drafting and scouting positional talent as they were at drafting pitching, Robin would miraculously be manager of the year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
The White Sox are geniuses for acquiring Quintana but the Cubs are lucky they got Arrieta.

The white sox are lucky with Quintana. Just like they were lucky to get Rodon and lucky that Sale turned into Chris Sale.

when it comes to the Sox scouting and player development, they are more lucky that any of their drafted players turn into MLB caliber players.

This is Kenny Williams and Buddy Bell we are talking about.