2015 TV Thread

LDF

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
Walking Dead wasnt a great episode, but Carol had one of the most chilling lines she has ever delivered

i don't think she likes kids very much :)

only 3 eps left this season. so should be getting good :)

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an effort to save some costs I am trying to figure out how to get rid of DirectTV. Besides sports channels, the only channels I absolutely must have are local channels (NBC, PBS, etc) and AMC (I guess this one isn't a must have but I do enjoy me some Walking Dead and Saul). Any suggestions? My biggest concern is losing Comcast Sports Net because of the number of local sporting events shown on it (esp White Sox games).

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
In an effort to save some costs I am trying to figure out how to get rid of DirectTV. Besides sports channels, the only channels I absolutely must have are local channels (NBC, PBS, etc) and AMC (I guess this one isn't a must have but I do enjoy me some Walking Dead and Saul). Any suggestions? My biggest concern is losing Comcast Sports Net because of the number of local sporting events shown on it (esp White Sox games).

Could you do Dish and make it work? I always thought of DirecTV as much higher quality but you pay accordingly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
Could you do Dish and make it work? I always thought of DirecTV as much higher quality but you pay accordingly.

Does dish offer a reasonably priced package that meets these needs? I'm paying ~$100/mo right now for DirectTV right now and I think this is too much for TV alone considering I barely have time to watch more than 5-10 hours a week.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 05:29 AM)
Leave Carl off the show for a year. While the other Gallaghers are flawed, you still feel for them sometimes. Carl has no redeeming qualities and hope he gets shived in juvey.

Shameless

I love Carl. I used to find him boring, but now he's entertaining as hell. The thought crept in my head last night that Ian could be killed off. It would make at least some sense since Cameron Monaghan will be on Gotham.

And tonight's episode was brought to you by Kev, the Rape Walker.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 03:21 AM)
Thought Walking Dead was solid tonight, and has me pumped for the final two episodes of the season. It was very mediocre this season, but setting up to finish strong.

The death scenes were super gruesome.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 11:12 AM)
VERY. The last one was pretty hard to watch. Probably the worst one of the series to be honest.

I do like the way they are setting up the end of the season. Hopefully they don't blow the momentum.

Everybody hates Chris. Including zombies.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
Shameless

I love Carl. I used to find him boring, but now he's entertaining as hell. The thought crept in my head last night that Ian could be killed off. It would make at least some sense since Cameron Monaghan will be on Gotham.

And tonight's episode was brought to you by Kev, the Rape Walker.

The previews for next week tease Sammie going nuts, sort of.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 10:39 PM)
Community is back! On Yahoo Screen!

Have to remember to watch after work. Is it the whole season, a la Netflix, or are they releasing one episode a week?

Shameless. Yikes.

Maybe the worst episode of the series. Cliche after cliche after cliche. Carl is annoying. The Rape Walker bit was funny. Frank and the doctor story was an old trope but still good. Lip and Professor...ugh, come on. I get that sometimes Shameless has to keep things "light," but it's really startling when they have these nice, dramatic, sweet story lines about mental illness, being poor, health issues, whatever, and then they follow it up with Graduate-style story lines that are just too far out there.

And the whole financial aid stuff seems like such a stretch with Lip. He's got a rich ass GF who would give him the money. And her dad offered him any help he'd need. And then it suddenly works itself out with some stranger? Dumb.

Disappointing given this season has been pretty solid (even with the too-short Jimmy/Steve return).

Anyone keeping up with Last Man on Earth? Episode 3 was pretty great. I'm liking the show a lot.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
Shameless. Yikes.

Anyone keeping up with Last Man on Earth? Episode 3 was pretty great. I'm liking the show a lot.

Shameless is one of those shows I don't have high expectations for each week. As long as there is a few laughs and some T&A, I don't need it to be an alltime great show.

Last Man on Earth is fantastic, and I have a feeling it will evolve into something even better.

Shameless

Mickey is ready to kill Sammi. I still wonder what the effect of Cameron Monaghan joining Gotham will have on the status of Ian's character for Shameless.

This whole thing with Frank and the doctor is weird, but what else is new.

Walking Dead (what I was hoping for)

Carol and Rick discuss killing off Pete the doctor. Rick sets off to kill the doctor while Carol talks to the boy. The boy reveals it's actually Jesse, not Pete doing the abusing. just as that is revealed , Rick shoots the doctor, killing him. Granted, you could always reverse the Rick/Carol roles in my scenerio.

Of course watching this morning THAT didn't happen