2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 12:33 AM)
Not a big fan of shows/movies that are based before I was even born.

I don't like shows/movies FILMED before I was born. I find them often corny and low budget. But I love movies set in the times before I was born.

The only real difference in this show that dates it is the cars, TVs, and lack of cell phones. They don't talk any different, the clothes aren't much different, and they still have computers/cell phones.

I don't know, I guess if it doesn't interest you then that's fine, I just don't find it a hard adjustment to make. It's not a Boardwalk Empire period piece.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
there is so much funny "OMG that is old stuff!" sentiment in here. And I get it, i felt that way about stuff from the 70s and 60s

I feel sorry for folks with this mindset.

Don't watch Jaws! Or The Graduate! They look dated!!!!

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 07:56 AM)

Yea, i got over it. Good shows and good movies remain good, regardless of the date

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 07:56 AM)

The fact that they didn't rely on special effects that much for Jaws actually helped it be even more terrifying. The suspense throughout the movie could have been ruined by too much focus on a perfect looking shark.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
To me, this season has been the worst by far. Nothing really interesting as opposed to the first two seasons.

I'm just disappointed that we are halfway through this season and we have yet to see the conversation with Paige that they brought up at the end of last season. That's the biggest thing I am waiting to see.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
The only thing that sounds like it is stopping me from watching is that it takes place in the 80s with the Cold War.

In the first episode (boring, by the way), there's a sex scene to Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight".

That was it for me.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Feb 21, 2015 -> 07:03 AM)
I thought the girl (Kim, I think) was 17?

Ok, apparently she is 18. I was getting confused because he said that line about being 18 to drink, and I was thinking that meant because they had a fake ID that they were under 18, and she looked about 14. I just rewatched the scene and Phillip says to them "You ARE 18, right?", and a girl in the back says "Yeah, we go to Georgetown".

So I guess it's not that gross. Still makes me uncomfortable though. She looks like a child.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 22, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)
I'm surprised the Walking Dead is already starting the Alexandria Safe Zone story line. Depending on how they handle this arc they will catch up to the comics within the next couple of seasons.

The first two episodes this half-season were pretty meh IMO, too depressing and slow. But last night's was pretty good. Anytime they have a 10 minute action scene and they add a new character it's going to be good. If it's the standard group moping around it's nearly unwatchable.

Other TV: what the hell Black Sails? Really? Such a forced, unnecessary dynamic.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 23, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
I think if you spliced together every fight and zombie kill in the Walking Dead into one continuous stream, jenks would think it was the greatest piece of cinema in the world

I don't know if I'd go that far, but it would be more entertaining!