2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 01:06 AM)
Sounds interesting. Can you share roster like MLB The Show

You can save the franchise file I think, which is just a roundabout way of sharing rosters I believe. The slight problem with that is I don't know how to do it, and I've already begun my offseason. Although it probably wouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to revert all the changes that have occurred in the 2 weeks I've advanced, like acquiring Yan Gomes, extending Samardzija, and a pending offer with Shields.

Sidenote, I got just an email saying Mike Illitch has died and his son Ben is taking over the Tigers. Damn, OOTP, getting real dark there.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 01:58 AM)
Alright I backed up the OOTP 15 "mostly updated roster" file if anyone wants it. Also, if anyone doesn't actually own OOTP 15 and wants it, PM me and I can send you a link to the torrent, provided you're okay with that. Otherwise I think the game is now $20.

I just saw that. This might be teh justification I need to download it this weekend.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
After reading this thread I kind of am reminiscing about the old ootp days.

Like when I had an 84 win Rangers team win their division and then storm through the World Series? Yeah, that was awesome. Andrew Brackman FTW.

Holy injuries batman. Somehow we are 30-21 on the season despite injuries to Abreu (4 weeks), Samardzija (7 weeks), Quintana (2 weeks), Eaton (6 weeks), Jennings (14 months), Bonafacio (33 months....uh...ok), Micah Johnson, Noesi, Axelrod, and I also had a 9 game suspension from John Danks for fighting Miggy. lol.

After Shark and Q were both injured at the same time, I finally gave in and called up Rodon, who in 85 innings between AA and AAA, had 115 K and a 4 WAR in only 11 starts. He's making his debut right now.

Oh, and draft day came around. I had the 12th pick and took Daz Cameron, although he wants 3x his slot money. So I took a bunch of college players and they all signed for underslot, so hopefully I can bring Daz in, even though he's listed as an "extremely hard" sign.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
Holy injuries batman. Somehow we are 30-21 on the season despite injuries to Abreu (4 weeks), Samardzija (7 weeks), Quintana (2 weeks), Eaton (6 weeks), Jennings (14 months), Bonafacio (33 months....uh...ok), Micah Johnson, Noesi, Axelrod, and I also had a 9 game suspension from John Danks for fighting Miggy. lol.

After Shark and Q were both injured at the same time, I finally gave in and called up Rodon, who in 85 innings between AA and AAA, had 115 K and a 4 WAR in only 11 starts. He's making his debut right now.

Oh, and draft day came around. I had the 12th pick and took Daz Cameron, although he wants 3x his slot money. So I took a bunch of college players and they all signed for underslot, so hopefully I can bring Daz in, even though he's listed as an "extremely hard" sign.

About to download the game now. I am pretty sure I played this game like 5 years ago

I know you guys are on pins and needles about my OOTP season, so here's how the 2015 White Sox REAL season will play out exactly. Take these results to Vegas....

Despite a ton of injuries, the team managed to win 92 games and win the AL Central! Tigers finished 2nd w/ 90, Royals finished 3rd.

- Chris Sale led the staff with 21 wins, 2.87 ERA, 291 K in 244 IP. 8.3 WAR and 133 ERA+.

- Rodon pitched 136 innings after his callup in June. Won 8 games with a 2.90 ERA, 142 K and 4.5 WAR and 132 ERA+.

- Samardzija had a lot of injuries, only winning 9 games with a solid 3.25 ERA. 129 K in 124 IP. He had a 4.0 WAR and 117 ERA+.

- Quintana was not good, Erik Johnson actually pitched really well before sucking at the end, Hector Noesi's numbers weren't great, but he had the biggest improvement of any player in the organization, improving his "potential" rating from 2 stars to 3.5 stars while adding a screwball and improving almost every attribute by a large margin. May have to be my #5 guy next season.

- Oh yeah, and I traded Danks at the trade deadline with a couple random minor leaguers to Arizona for C Alex Jackson. Trade raped. Oh yeah, and Robertson got 47 saves with a 3.23 ERA and a 2 WAR.

- Abreu missed a month with injury, but in 131 games he hit 37 HR, 103 RBI, batted .299 with a .950 OPS and a 5.3 WAR.

- Eaton also only played 131 games, but hit .291 and somehow managed to slug 9 HR. He also stole 35 bases and had a .372 OBP.

- Melky was awesome in 137 games. He hit .288 with 25 HR, 84 RBI, and stole 14 bases. He had a 3.7 WAR.

- I traded Flowers and others and got Yan Gomes. But Yan only played 89 games due to injuries and the backup catcher coming out of NO WHERE to steal the starting job away. Gomes hit 11 HR and a .275 AVG.

- Backup catcher ROB BRANTLY of all people played 138 games and hit .282 with 12 HR. Almost an .800 OPS. WHAT?!?!

- Avi Garcia was solid in 134 games. Hit .273 with 21 HR and a 1.7 WAR.

- LaRoche was alright. Hit 23 HR, but batted .235 and struck out 131 times.

- 2B was a hodgepodge of Bonifacio before he got hurt, then Micah Johnson who kept getting hurt, then Carlos Sanchez whom was bad, and then Saladino. Overall, Micah was the best only playing in 75 games but hitting 9 HR, stealing 24 bags, and batting .258. He actually won ROTM in June.

- And here's a giant surprise that will never happen....Matt Davidson played 158 games....but he was bad. Hit 16 HR, but batted .219 and led the team with 176 Ks.

- Oh and here's another weird surprise. Abreu and LaRoche and Wilkins were all injured at the same time, so I had to bring up Dan Black to play 1B because he raked in the spring. Well Daniel went on to with ROTM honors in that time he was filling in. lol. Hit 6 HR, 25 RBI, and batted .242. Not bad.

Oh yeah, and my draft was a disaster. I drafted Daz Cameron and some other tough HS sign for my first 2 picks. I ended up failing to sign either one of them because I was offering well below their asking prices, yet still above slot. Each time they denied the deal, I would split the difference, hoping to sign them, but trying to save every penny. Well after the 3rd offer I made, they both said f*** me and decided to go to college. So then I decided to throw all my pool money at later round HS picks, and I actually offered them all a little ABOVE their asking prices, and they all said no. So I think I ended up signing 3 of my 10 picks. After that disaster I decided to go nuts on the Int'l signing period and I grabbed like 5 of the top 6 guys. I missed out on the #1 guy who went to Seattle. Bastards.

Off to the playoffs in tomorrow's sim.

I have an extra key for ootp15 that my friend gave me and I have no plan on using if someone wants it. Anyone interested shoot me a pm, first come first serve. The only thing is if my friend gets a new cpu or has to have his key reset for whatever reason you might lose it but that isnt very likely, at least for a while.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
Lol, I guess that means he never figured out how to use the torrent that he downloaded.

Do you know if the torrents allow you to use the game in an online league? Id imagine it might have issues using a pirated version.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 24, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
Lol, I guess that means he never figured out how to use the torrent that he downloaded.

No. lol. And my computer was messing up after I downloaded it so I just deleted it and would rather have the real version. Thank you though. I still sent you a message about your rosters. Trying to figure it out

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)

Jeff Samardzija has lost some endurance...

Jeff Samardzija has lost some control...

Jeff Smaardzija has lost some stuff...

Jeff Samardzija has lost some movement...

OOTP 6 gamers will get it. My how I hated the drops.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 07:50 AM)

Yeah, Samardzija has certainly declined in my game. But no one declined as much as Alexei did. He went from like 4 stars to 2 stars by the seasons end. I just traded him and a top prospect to Seattle for Kyle Seager though. And then I traded Matt Davidson to the Cardinals for Kolten Wong. My team is dope.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Yeah, Samardzija has certainly declined in my game. But no one declined as much as Alexei did. He went from like 4 stars to 2 stars by the seasons end. I just traded him and a top prospect to Seattle for Kyle Seager though. And then I traded Matt Davidson to the Cardinals for Kolten Wong. My team is dope.

Why can't those trades be reality!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 07:50 AM)

I was in the league a little while back, pretty epic few seasons. Can O Corn I believe was just inducted into the HOF

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
I am about to start the draft in my first year in OOTP. Alexei and Melky are both injured and this the line up I am rolling out there:

Eaton

Bonifacio

Abreu

LaRoche

Garcia

Viciedo

Brantly

Johnson

Sanchez

I have a 26-18 record, 2 GB up in the division.

Viciedo had a great year with the Indians when I traded him for Yan Gomes. Now, Gomes doesn't even play because Rob Brantly is a f***ing stud in my OOTP.

Update on my last season, I lost in the ALCS to the Angels. Angels ended up defeating the Nationals for the WS. I am now in July of 2016 and in 2nd place, back by 2 or 3 games. It has not been a great year for us.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 11:44 PM)
Viciedo had a great year with the Indians when I traded him for Yan Gomes. Now, Gomes doesn't even play because Rob Brantly is a f***ing stud in my OOTP.

Update on my last season, I lost in the ALCS to the Angels. Angels ended up defeating the Nationals for the WS. I am now in July of 2016 and in 2nd place, back by 2 or 3 games. It has not been a great year for us.

Viciedo is having a pretty good year since he has been in the lineup. Oh and Adam Eaton got hurt for 4 weeks like 2 games after I posted so now Thompson and Bonifacio are sharing time at CF. Michael Taylor is on my bench

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 11:50 PM)
Viciedo is having a pretty good year since he has been in the lineup. Oh and Adam Eaton got hurt for 4 weeks like 2 games after I posted so now Thompson and Bonifacio are sharing time at CF. Michael Taylor is on my bench

I had to turn my injuries down a level after my first year because I only had 1 player play more than like 130 games, and it was Rob Brantly.

Eaton has turned in to an absolute stud for me. I think he is a 4.5 star player. And despite Avi declining in rating, he has been very productive for me. It's August 2nd, and Avi is hitting .318 with 18 HR. He's my 2nd best offensive player behind Kyle Seagar.

And now we just went on an 11-1 run, and back in 1st place baby. Don't stop now boys!