2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I managed to get in a few hours of Evolve before the "beta" closed. There were definitely some matchmaking issues that soured my attitude and as a result I was a little bit underwhelmed, but it was still a lot of fun. It seemed well balanced - if you lost as the hunters it was because there was a weak link in the team or somebody wandered off, and if you lost as the monster it's because you weren't elusive enough. Only saw one of the monster types my whole time. Trapper is the coolest hunter class; the second trapper you unlock has these sound spikes you can scatter around the map that detect the monster, and keeping tabs on the monster is the most important thing.

I have four friends who I regularly game with and the five of us were never able to get on at the same time for 4v1's, but I think that would have pushed it to another level. The s***-talking potentail is so strong.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
Well crap, here goes my life in March/April: Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel bundle coming to next gen. LOVED Borderlands 2 and almost kept my PS3 just to play the Pre-Sequel.

Yea I'll probably be getting it as well then, Borderlands 2 is a top 5 game for me personally.

In honor of the announcement of The Handsome Collection, my 10 favorite weapons/items from Borderlands 2. You will notice that I LOVE Torgue guns. EXPLOSIONS!

10) Conference Call (shotgun)- Mostly an honorary spot for its pre-nerf combo with the Bee. Still nice for taking out large enemies.

9) Deliverance (shotgun)- Not all that practical outside of taking out flying stuff, but it is Just fun to throw it at stuff and watch it keep shooting.

8) EVO (shield)- My go-to shield in melee-heavy areas. Not terribly sexy, otherwise it would be higher.

7) SWORDSPLOSION (shotgun)- Nice high-damage option at close range.

6) The Ogre (assault rifle)- Pretty much the only auto rifle I liked.

5) Practicable butcher (shotgun)- Fire rate is so high it's basically a high-damage SMG. Chance to add ammo is a huge bonus.

4) Florentine (SMG)- Dual elements made this an amazing shield-killer.

3) Bonus Package (grenade mod)- EXPLOSIONS! Some prefer the meteor shower, but I always found this to be more consistently destructive.

2) The Sham (shield)- You're virtually immortal against bullets using this thing

1) Unkempt Harold (pistol)- Basically obliterates everything at close/mid-range.

I have been playing The Show a ton this month for some reason. Since my RTTS will transfer over to the new game, I figured I'd play that. It's now 2016 and I am a starting pitcher with the Angels. Just played the Sox, and they have quite the different lineup. From memory it was something like.....

CF Adam Eaton

3B Garin Cecchini

DH Conor Gillaspie

1B Pedro Alvarez

C Miguel Montero

SS Alexei Ramirez

RF Jerry Sands

SS Ruben Tejada

LF Adam Engel

SP - Sale, Q, Rodon, Cahill, AJ Cole

CL - Wade Davis

They also acquired Joey Gallo somehow.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 05:55 PM)
I have been playing The Show a ton this month for some reason. Since my RTTS will transfer over to the new game, I figured I'd play that. It's now 2016 and I am a starting pitcher with the Angels. Just played the Sox, and they have quite the different lineup. From memory it was something like.....

CF Adam Eaton

3B Garin Cecchini

DH Conor Gillaspie

1B Pedro Alvarez

C Miguel Montero

SS Alexei Ramirez

RF Jerry Sands

SS Ruben Tejada

LF Adam Engel

SP - Sale, Q, Rodon, Cahill, AJ Cole

CL - Wade Davis

They also acquired Joey Gallo somehow.

That is very, very bad! I assume you kicked their ass.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 12:25 PM)
That is very, very bad! I assume you kicked their ass.

Nope, they raped me. Just in the 1st inning, Eaton lined a double down the left field line, next batter reached on a bunt (RTTS as a pitcher is nearly impossible to field a bunt w/ catcher camera angle because the camera has to switch orientation upon contact), and then Gillaspie hit a 3-run HR.

I think I lasted maybe 4 innings, allowed 6 runs I think. I also gave up a BOMB to Montero, and then Alvarez hit a HR as well. My team lost, and the Sox won the AL Central.

And sidenote: I just finished the regular season and our matchup for the ALDS is.....Angels vs. White Sox. So I'll see these jerks again.

Anyone play Out of the Park baseball? I'm currently downloading OOTP 15 because I've been dying to play another baseball sim ever since BMO baseball crashed and never came back online. I've been watching videos and it looks insanely detailed, probably too detailed for my liking, but I look forward to building a Rick Hahn-like dynasty. First order of business will be trading Adam Dunn for a real catcher. Most video games value Adam Dunn rather highly because he always has awesome power/plate disc. ratings.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 12:24 AM)
Anyone play Out of the Park baseball? I'm currently downloading OOTP 15 because I've been dying to play another baseball sim ever since BMO baseball crashed and never came back online. I've been watching videos and it looks insanely detailed, probably too detailed for my liking, but I look forward to building a Rick Hahn-like dynasty. First order of business will be trading Adam Dunn for a real catcher. Most video games value Adam Dunn rather highly because he always has awesome power/plate disc. ratings.

Used to play OOTP 6.5 a ton. Haven't played in a long time though and the computer I had it on crashed hard. I tried OOTP 10 or 11 and there was just too much for me and I couldn't get into it.

There are a bunch of us here that did online leagues back in the OOTP 6 and 6.5 days. WAY too much time sunk into that. I haven't really tried to move to the newer versions. The people I played online with never wanted to upgrade and I didn't feel like running stuff solo.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
Used to play OOTP 6.5 a ton. Haven't played in a long time though and the computer I had it on crashed hard. I tried OOTP 10 or 11 and there was just too much for me and I couldn't get into it.

I had 11 and played it up until I got my new computer. I am planning on getting another soon.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
I play in an OOTP league (2053 World Champion Expos!) and were currently using OOTP 14. If any of you guys want to try an OOTP15 league there are guys from the league Im in harassing people to join a new league.

I almost joined an OOTP 15 league today, but I read through the vast amount of rules and "hardcore" settings and I decided against it.

I've spent the entire day, on and off, making all the notable transactions of this current offseason to get the rosters set up for a 2015 start. Some may say a waste of time, others may say a GIANT waste of time.

I just didn't want to start a Sox franchise with a roster that is so vastly different. Shark, Robertson, Melky, LaRoche, Duke, Emilio change the dynamic of the team so, so much.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 11:22 PM)
I almost joined an OOTP 15 league today, but I read through the vast amount of rules and "hardcore" settings and I decided against it.

I've spent the entire day, on and off, making all the notable transactions of this current offseason to get the rosters set up for a 2015 start. Some may say a waste of time, others may say a GIANT waste of time.

I just didn't want to start a Sox franchise with a roster that is so vastly different. Shark, Robertson, Melky, LaRoche, Duke, Emilio change the dynamic of the team so, so much.

Sounds interesting. Can you share roster like MLB The Show