2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (staxx @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
Anyone else getting incredibly bored with destiny? I've done everything, HM crota etc. and am now just stuck collecting items.

I can't believe they have NOTHING coming out until MAY

It gets a bit tedious at times, but I enjoy it quite a bit still, although I have to admit I haven't done as much because I have to hang out with my girlfriend. And I'm not making a "video game NERD" comment, because if I were single, I would legitimately be playing this game probably 3-6 hours a day, every day.

So the mlb rankings for The Show '15 came out today.

The Sox rate out as the 22nd best team in baseball. I'm not terribly surprised. They rate Quintana as a 4th/5th starter. Abreu and Sale are the only highly rated player, and Abreu is still only rated as an 84 overall.

The Cubs.....as you would expect, are highly, HIGHLY overrated in this game. But I was thinking they'd be around like #15 or so. NOPE.

The Cubs are ranked as the #2 team in baseball!!!! LMAO. Number f***ing TWO. The Cubs are better than the Nationals. I haven't seen their ratings yet, but I'd bet Lester is about a 96, Arrieta a 90 or so, Kris Bryant is probably an 88. Just disgusting.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)

The Sox rate out as the 22nd best team in baseball. I'm not terribly surprised. They rate Quintana as a 4th/5th starter. Abreu and Sale are the only highly rated player, and Abreu is still only rated as an 84 overall.

The Cubs.....as you would expect, are highly, HIGHLY overrated in this game. But I was thinking they'd be around like #15 or so. NOPE.

The Cubs are ranked as the #2 team in baseball!!!! LMAO. Number f***ing TWO. The Cubs are better than the Nationals. I haven't seen their ratings yet, but I'd bet Lester is about a 96, Arrieta a 90 or so, Kris Bryant is probably an 88. Just disgusting.

Their rankings always suck, that is why I always use a created roster

Where did you see that?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Anyone ever play the conflict series on Xbox? Four player co-op call of duty type game. Why doesn't anyone make something like that again? Nothing is better than running a long campaign like that with three buddies.

Nobody has played these?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 07:09 PM)
Where did you see that?

Operation Sports.

http://www.operationsports.com/features/21...report-edition/

EDIT: The guy behind these rankings has reacted to all the hate over the Cubs ranking to inform us that these are HIS rankings, and not those of the game, even though the description of the rankings hints at that. He said he ranks the Cubs number 2 because of how exciting they are. Still a terrible ranking, but at least this won't affect anyone but his reputation when the Cubs are still a sub .500 team.

Edited by Chilihead90

The Devs of The Show do a live-stream every Thursday. Today's they did Cubs/Pirates game. Some of the ratings I saw for Cubs pitcherss...... Lester - 89, Arrieta - 84, Hammel/Wood - 79. For reference, I think Sale was like a 92, Samardzija was an 81, and Q was a 74 I think. So they think Arrieta is better than Shark (could be, but seems premature to say that), and Hammel and Wood are almost as good as Samardzija, and both better than Quintana. f***ing laughable.

That's just some idiot on Operation Sports.

There's no way the Cubs are actually #2.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 12:05 AM)
The Devs of The Show do a live-stream every Thursday. Today's they did Cubs/Pirates game. Some of the ratings I saw for Cubs pitcherss...... Lester - 89, Arrieta - 84, Hammel/Wood - 79. For reference, I think Sale was like a 92, Samardzija was an 81, and Q was a 74 I think. So they think Arrieta is better than Shark (could be, but seems premature to say that), and Hammel and Wood are almost as good as Samardzija, and both better than Quintana. f***ing laughable.

Quintana as a 74? Have they not watched him at all the last two years? Hell, the stats are right there.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
That's just some idiot on Operation Sports.

There's no way the Cubs are actually #2.

Yeah, I updated my later post. Apparently that was just some random guy at OS who made those rankings based on how excited he is to play those teams. Doesn't explain how the Sox and Padres are 22nd and 23rd, but whatever, at least they aren't official.

Abreu at an 84 is a f***ing joke.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 19, 2015 -> 10:51 PM)
Nobody has played these?

I haven't, but all the big recent games have been huge co-op style. Destiny and Evolve are all about co-op, and while they can be super fun with friends I'm missing the storyline/customization aspects from previous games, it just isn't there in either of them.

One of my friends read an article on Evolve where the creators mentioned that they didn't care about the story of how they got there, it was all about the gameplay. I just don't agree with that, one of the best co-op games I ever played was Borderlands 2, and that wasn't just the gameplay aspect but the insane detail in the storyline that had you actually connect with the characters and really want to complete it all because you felt like you wouldn't know the whole story/background otherwise.