Jordan Danks DFA, Phillies claim him

flavum

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 12:14 AM)
IF Micah wins the 2B job I can definitely see us keeping Tank.

A bench of...

Sanchez-SS, 2B

Bonifacio- CF, 3B, 2B

Tank- LF, RF, DH

Shuck/Campana- OF

Brantley/Kottaras- back-up catcher

Pretty good and covers pretty much all of our needs in my opinion.

If there is a 7 man bullpen there will only be 4 bench spots.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bench of...

Sanchez-SS, 2B

Bonifacio- CF, 3B, 2B

Tank- LF, RF, DH

Shuck/Campana- OF

If Sanchez wins the 2B job, keep that same bench expect for no Shuck/Campana (Bonifacio backup CF in addition to IF, Viciedo backup LF/RF) and either Saladino or L. Garcia as the backup SS/2B. Johnson can then play everyday at Charlotte until he's needed due to injury or Sanchez faltering.

Edited by Señor Ding-Dong

QUOTE (lvjeremylv @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 07:11 PM)
Does 3 sentences constitute a proper paragraph?

From Wiki:

A common English usage misconception is that a paragraph has three to five sentences; single-word paragraphs can be seen in some professional writing, and journalists often use single-sentence paragraphs.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 02:42 AM)
From Wiki:

A common English usage misconception is that a paragraph has three to five sentences; single-word paragraphs can be seen in some professional writing, and journalists often use single-sentence paragraphs.

Well, apparently we have a few English scholars that have clearly studied at Oxford so what does wiki know? From now on all posters must speak in proper queens English, mkaay! :P

Thanks Sox talk, thanks Hi8is, thanks CaliSoxFanViaSWSide, thanks StR. :D

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 05:27 AM)
Well, apparently we have a few English scholars that have clearly studied at Oxford so what does wiki know? From now on all posters must speak in proper queens English, mkaay! :P

Thanks Sox talk, thanks Hi8is, thanks CaliSoxFanViaSWSide, thanks StR. :D

Hinc lucem et pocula sacra. Tahnk tibi StRoostifer, tahnk tibi Hi8is.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 05:59 AM)
Well said kind sir. You are truly a gentleman and scholar.

Thanks, StR

LOL . That is the motto of the University of Cambridge . The 2nd oldest University in the english speaking world , behind only Oxford. It's latin and it basically means "From this place, we gain enlightenment and precious knowledge ."

My attempt at humor that no one would understand unless they put some effort into it ,since you said "we have a few English scholars that have clearly studied at Oxford". :P

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 12:25 AM)
Little b**** boy eh?

Admin?

Don't worry. He's my hommie. Thanks, lvjeremylv. Thanks, hi8is.

Don't hold back, say what's on your mind hi8is. Thanks for the laugh, goes well with my morning coffee.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
LOL . That is the motto of the University of Cambridge . The 2nd oldest University in the english speaking world , behind only Oxford. It's latin and it basically means "From this place, we gain enlightenment and precious knowledge ."

My attempt at humor that no one would understand unless they put some effort into it ,since you said "we have a few English scholars that have clearly studied at Oxford". :P

I admit, I had to Google it but I did take the time to do so and agree with the sentiment. Your attempt at humor worked since I laughed when I read your post so well done. Hopefully others will appreciate the humor and lighten up a bit. If not, f*** em'. Lol.

A bench of...

Sanchez-SS, 2B

Bonifacio- CF, 3B, 2B

Tank- LF, RF, DH

Shuck/Campana- OF

I agree with most of that, but I'd lose Shuck/Campana because we already have the whole OF covered with Viciedo and Bonifacio.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
The backup catcher race will be an interesting one, though. I think Brantly will win it, but Kottaras and Nieto have a shot.

i thought the plan was to have Nieto 1 more yr in the minors to fully develop by

having constant at bats and work behind the plate.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
The backup catcher race will be an interesting one, though. I think Brantly will win it, but Kottaras and Nieto have a shot.

Let's say Brantly does win the backup catcher job; where does that leave everyone else?

Kottaras would be a sure bet for Charlotte, but who would be the other AAA catcher? Nieto or Smith? Who would start, Kottaras or one of the younger guys who should be playing everyday?

Smith seems ready for AAA and probably doesn't need to repeat AA at 26-years old. Would it be good for Nieto's development to go from a full season in the majors to AA instead of AAA?

ML: Flowers/Brantly

AAA: Smith/Kottaras

AA: Nieto/Whoever

It'll be even more interesting if Kottaras win the backup catcher job. Barring any transactions, that'll leave three guys who should all be playing everyday in the minors (Brantly, Nieto, Smith).

Edited by Señor Ding-Dong

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
Let's say Brantly does win the backup catcher job; where does that leave everyone else?

Kottaras would be a sure bet for Charlotte, but who would be the other AAA catcher? Nieto or Smith? Who would start, Kottaras or one of the younger guys who should be playing everyday?

Smith seems ready for AAA and probably doesn't need to repeat AA at 26-years old. Would it be good for Nieto's development to go from a full season in the majors to AA instead of AAA?

It'll be even more interesting if Kottaras win the backup catcher job. Barring any transactions, that'll leave three guys who should all be playing everyday in the minors (Brantly, Nieto, Smith).

while you bring up a interesting point, Nieto and his development will be the priority over

anyone else in the minors. in other words, it will be up to sox brass to give the directions

in how to handle Nieto and his development.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 11:32 AM)

The difference in talent level between AA and AAA isn't significant enough to have a strong opinion in one over the other, but I would say it will most likely be Nieto at AA since he's spent the least time above A ball out of everyone.

Smith and the loser of Kottaras and Brantly battle will split time at C, 1B, and DH at Charlotte. I am leaning towards Kottaras making the opening day roster.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 01:25 AM)
Little b**** boy eh?

Admin?

Don't worry. He's my hommie. Thanks, lvjeremylv. Thanks, hi8is.

Nah. Just always get a kick out of the selective enforcement of the "ban on personal attacks" here at SoxTalk. It was occurring for years before I took a break from this site, and I see that nothing has changed. Not that I expected it to, of course.

Should re-write to to "ban on personal attacks"*, then at the bottom of the page....

*unless you've been here a long time and you're going after someone new. Then you're free to say whatever you want about them and the admins will gladly look the other way

But carry on, it's as amusing as ever.

QUOTE (lvjeremylv @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
Nah. Just always get a kick out of the selective enforcement of the "ban on personal attacks" here at SoxTalk. It was occurring for years before I took a break from this site, and I see that nothing has changed. Not that I expected it to, of course.

Should re-write to to "ban on personal attacks"*, then at the bottom of the page....

*unless you've been here a long time and you're going after someone new. Then you're free to say whatever you want about them and the admins will gladly look the other way

But carry on, it's as amusing as ever.

i don't know about that. i have been among the longest poster here and just recently i got a warning,

which was deserved.

there has to be some sort of rules for conduct.

peace.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
I thought a DFA gave 10 days, then he can declare for FA or take an assignment if they outright him?

It gives the White Sox 10 days to trade him, outright him or release him. I think since I do not believe he has been outrighted before, if he clears waivers, the White Sox can outright him, and there is nothing he can do about it but accept it or retire.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
It gives the White Sox 10 days to trade him, outright him or release him. I think since I do not believe he has been outrighted before, if he clears waivers, the White Sox can outright him, and there is nothing he can do about it but accept it or retire.

I say retire.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
I say retire.

He's not going to retire. It would be nice if he stayed in the Sox organization. He plays good defense and is a good base runner. Those guys aren't impossible to find, but they're nice to have on hand as opposed to needing to look for them.