2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarkisian coming to practice and games drunk is just crazy, and even crazier that it got to the point that the PLAYERS had to say something. Why isnt his staff going to Haden and talking about what is going on?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)
Sarkisian coming to practice and games drunk is just crazy, and even crazier that it got to the point that the PLAYERS had to say something. Why isnt his staff going to Haden and talking about what is going on?

It's just a terrible situation for all involved. But I agree. If the players/coaches were noticing this, crazy no one above had.

I'll reserve judgment on his fellow coaches. That's a tough situation to handle when you are in a lower position.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 07:28 PM)
So sad to see USC this way. Haden and Sark both need to go. If Saban leaves Alabama as the rumor goes, do everything you can. If not, Chip Kelly, Jimbo Fisher and Kevin Sumlin have to be their first 3 calls.

Agreed with this list. Lots of people have given Haden a pass in LA because he didn't need the job, but now I expect alot more people to be screaming for his head.

I'd go:

Saban

Fisher

Kelly

and that's it.

I can't imagine looking at Jeff Fisher and wanting him at this point. Especially at USC which just seems to be a bit flashier. I could see Jeff Fisher at like, Iowa. I'm already bored thinking about his USC tenure and it hasn't started.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
The definitely mean Jeff Fisher. He went there.

I guess I didnt read far enough back. Doesnt make any sense as Jeff Fisher has never coached a day in the NCAA, and I dont really see him as the type who would want to recruit.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
The Stoops coaching tree doesn't exactly measure up to Hayden Fry's.

His brother, Brett Venables, Spurrier's son, Leach, Mark Mangino, Chuck Long....

Compared to Ferentz, Bill Snyder, the Stoops brothers, Jay Norvell, Bielema, Barry Avarez, Jim Leavitt, Dan McCarney, etc.

Depends if you want to include the Leach coaching tree.

Art Briles, Baylor

Dana Holgorson, WVU

Kliff Kingsbury, TTU

Sonny Dykes, Cal

Ruffin McNeil, ECU

Others like Lincoln Riley, Sonny Combie, Seth Littrell, etc are OC's at BCS schools (OU, TCU, UNC) and will get head coaching opportunities soon.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)
This seriously couldn't have happened two days ago?

Eh, wouldn't have mattered. This senior offensive line is brutal. But I really think 2017 is going to be a 2007

The Ole Ball Coach is retiring per twitter. No idea effective when.

That program certainly declined last 2 years, but man, college football is not going to be as fun without Spurrier. His press conferences were hilarious performance art. Sorry to see what happens to the hatin ass spurrier columns.