2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
You better have a stud coach lined up already if you are going to fire Les Miles and pay him $15 mil to go away.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Jimbo Fisher

Why do people keep saying this? LSU is at best a lateral move from FSU. Also, I think Jimbo is a really good coach but he's not some elite level guy like a Saban or Meyer.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 07:06 AM)
Why do people keep saying this? LSU is at best a lateral move from FSU. Also, I think Jimbo is a really good coach but he's not some elite level guy like a Saban or Meyer.

Not sure, there has to be some story behind it. I dont see why moving to the SEC and playing bama every year looks better than being a dominant force in the ACC. Its a downward move to me.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
Not sure, there has to be some story behind it. I dont see why moving to the SEC and playing bama every year looks better than being a dominant force in the ACC. Its a downward move to me.

Money can be the only reason why, if they can give him more. Look at Bielema. He and his assistants all got paid, but while he seems to be doing a good job, he has little to no chance of winning that division, which means he probably gets fired in a few years.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 06:57 AM)
So aside from beating Stanford (which I still think isn't happening), ND needs Oklahoma, Alabama, or MSU AND OSU to lose. Looking like the Fiesta Bowl for ND.

ND is fighting for the fourth spot with Oklahoma. The Big 10 is getting 1 team in. So if ND destroys Stanford or Oklahoma struggles it could all flip since the committee loves over reactions.

So they need to beat Stanford and they're in if Oklahoma losses. Because one of MSU or Iowa is guaranteed a loss.

Edited by kev211

I doubt they'd put in Notre dame over Oklahoma. OU will have the better wins regardless of how they look. I get they use the eye test, but that's mostly been vs bad teams, and really only to punish teams so far

ND's best wins would be @Stanford, vs Navy, @Temple, @Pitt

OU's best wins would be @OSU, @Baylor, vs TCU, @Tennessee

OU's wins are slightly better, but not by a lot, and also OU's loss is to a team that ND beat (by a lot).

Honestly, both of them have better wins than Alabama. There only team in this week's playoff rankings that they've beaten is #21 Mississippi St., who drops out of the rankings if they lose to Mississippi, and by the time Florida loses to FSU and then Alabama, they'll barely be ranked.

Committee doesn't have the balls to leave the SEC out of the playoff though.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)

OU's wins are slightly better, but not by a lot, and also OU's loss is to a team that ND beat (by a lot).

Honestly, both of them have better wins than Alabama. There only team in this week's playoff rankings that they've beaten is #21 Mississippi St., who drops out of the rankings if they lose to Mississippi, and by the time Florida loses to FSU and then Alabama, they'll barely be ranked.

People focus too much on just the top 25 teams. It's an arbitrary cutoff. Alabama has pretty much dominated all their games with a couple exceptions, and if you go by, say, top 40 or top 50 wins, their ranking makes sense. I think there's little difference between #25 and #40. The Baylor win was good for OU, but barely scraping by a TCU team missing half their starters and on their 3rd string QB at home is not an impressive win at all.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
People focus too much on just the top 25 teams. It's an arbitrary cutoff. Alabama has pretty much dominated all their games with a couple exceptions, and if you go by, say, top 40 or top 50 wins, their ranking makes sense. I think there's little difference between #25 and #40. The Baylor win was good for OU, but barely scraping by a TCU team missing half their starters and on their 3rd string QB at home is not an impressive win at all.

OU lost their QB for the second half of the TCU game though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)

Fisher was the OC at LSU for awhile and while there, he and Miles' philosophies differed. Miles is more conservative and LSU fans would love Fisher's play calling. Also, something new and more money talks.

A lot of people thought Carroll was dumber for leaving USC. Had it not worked out in Seattle he could have easily come back to any school with double salary in his pocket from the NFL.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)

OU's wins are far better than ND's.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 05:43 PM)
They are good at having Armstrong throw them the ball without forcing the interception.

Well Nebraska sucks. Iowa isn't impressive but they win. The conference title game is everything right now for them. I pick them to get blown out but what do I know n

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 09:46 PM)
Honestly it would be great for Iowa to win it all and I'll cheer for them. I'm just worried that they haven't played anyone yet and it will be shocking. MSU will be a nice test. It will be the first team that has several NFL players on its roster

I would be pretty surprised if Iowa kept it within 10 against MSU (well, if Cook plays).

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
I would be pretty surprised if Iowa kept it within 10 against MSU (well, if Cook plays).

Purdue, Rutgers, and Nebraska, even without the bad call that gave them the win, kept it within 10 vs. Michigan State.

I wonder what Cowherd, who guaranteed fraud Iowa would lose to Nebraska will have to say now. Iowa was playing on a short week vs. Nebraska who had a bye last weekend as well.

Edited by Dick Allen

I'd be kind of surprised if Iowa lost to MSU. Spartans have gotten a lot of breaks and could easily have 3 or 4 losses. That said, we know which division is tougher so I could be wrong. MSU secondary has a lot of holes.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 28, 2015 -> 06:05 AM)
Purdue, Rutgers, and Nebraska, even without the bad call that gave them the win, kept it within 10 vs. Michigan State.

I wonder what Cowherd, who guaranteed fraud Iowa would lose to Nebraska will have to say now. Iowa was playing on a short week vs. Nebraska who had a bye last weekend as well.

Good to know.

How many of those games were in the big ten championship game?