2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 11:06 PM)
I'm honestly not that surprised by this. I never thought MSU matched up well with Alabama.

Same here. This match up was a layup for Alabama to get to the title game. Alabama feasts off of these types of teams.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
The ratings for these games had to suck

Hopefully the ratings are sucking. The committee deserves terrible ratings for being hard drafted about keeping the games on NYE.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
Hopefully the ratings are sucking. The committee deserves terrible ratings for being hard drafted about keeping the games on NYE.

Everyone blames the Rose Bowl but the biggest f*** up was guaranteeing the Sugar Bowl the night slot. Semifinals at noon and 7 with the RoseBowl at 3:30 would be solid, but the Big 12/SEC worked their magic.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
A hit into the chest. Awful.

Targeting and Initiating Contact With the Crown of the Helmet (Rule 9-1-3)

No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
A hit into the chest. Awful.

That was like the example of hitting with the crown that they play for the refs when they are showing the training videos. I don't know how it could have been any more clear.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 06:47 PM)
Meaningless bowl games mean nothing to me. Oklahoma is getting smoked in an important game. Houston should join and dominate that conference.

Plus we already knew the ACC sucked outside of Clemson.

Houston will need to work some voodoo because most schools in that conference won't voluntarily elevate another Texas school to P5.