ST. White Sox vs Rockies 3:05

Whisox05

what a luxury having a guy like Bonafacio is. Can play almost every position and hits well enough to where if you had to plug him in for a month it wouldn't be a complete black hole in the lineup. Seriously the difference between him and the guys they trotted out last year (Leury mostly) is probably 2 WAR. Can't say enough what an amazing job Hahn did fixing pretty much every weakness, including bench utility guy.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Gordon Beckham turns 30 in 18 months.

Bold prediction- he's out of baseball by 30.

Already hateing on a player and it's only spring training. Defense alone will keep Bweckham in the majors

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
Already hating on a player and it's only spring training. Defense alone will keep Beckham in the majors

His defense is slightly above average. I'm not "hating" on Beckham. I just don't think he's very good, and he was lucky the Sox brought him back. Once he leaves again, (and he will), he may have a tough time finding a team to take him on.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
His defense is slightly above average. I'm not "hating" on Beckham. I just don't think he's very good, and he was lucky the Sox brought him back. Once he leaves again, (and he will), he may have a tough time finding a team to take him on.

the way some in the FO thinks, he may have been the best option for the cost.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
Beckham is batting a cool .053 in spring training.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we cut him before the season started

that's what I'm thinking as well one year deals are only partially guaranteed.

opening day position players could be the following and he's the odd man out. I mean, if you want a defensive replacement for Conor and Micah, it's Sanchez, not Gordon. Gordon is mediocre at best at 3B.

Jose

Eaton

Alexei

Laroche

Conor

Micah

Sanchez

Avi

Melky

Bonifacio

Shuck

Flowers

Soto

Edited by chitownsportsfan

One, Gray is going to be really good...

B-roll bullpen of Ascensio and Kensing good...Webb looking more and more like he's Charlotte bound with more experienced hurlers like Albers and Crain looming.

Finally, Beltre makes an unexpected run at a Shuck for the final of spot imo.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
that's what I'm thinking as well one year deals are only partially guaranteed.

opening day position players could be the following and he's the odd man out. I mean, if you want a defensive replacement for Conor and Micah, it's Sanchez, not Gordon. Gordon is mediocre at best at 3B.

Jose

Eaton

Alexei

Laroche

Conor

Micah

Sanchez

Avi

Melky

Bonifacio

Shuck

Flowers

Soto

It's curious they chose Bonifacio for third today instead of Beckham.

Was laughing early when Beckham made a pretty good play and the Rockies guys said Gordon wasn't noted for his defense. Guess they never listen to Hawk or other teams' radio feeds.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)
Beckham is batting a cool .053 in spring training.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we cut him before the season started

for a friendly wager for fun, i bet he stays with the team and goes north.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 10:51 PM)
Depends if they believe Sanchez is better off playing everyday (at Charlotte) or he's pretty much destined to end up as a utility guy.

i really hate to say this, but i think no matter what, MJ will not make the team this yr. i think the sox FO wants him to work on his defense in the minors, less stress if he makes an error.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)
Beckham will make it, but come June, I could see Saladino replace him if things fall in place.

As long as he can play 3b and Ss from a physical standpoint, you might be right.

He had a nice line drive (for an out) to the opposite field yesterday...looked like he had a plan up there

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
As long as he can play 3b and Ss from a physical standpoint, you might be right.

He had a nice line drive (for an out) to the opposite field yesterday...looked like he had a plan up there

it is a said commentary when fans are just desperately looking for any small thing to say, you see, he can still contribute.

fyi i was a beckham fan in the beginning of his career. too bad i feel for him.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 05:03 PM)
it is a said commentary when fans are just desperately looking for any small thing to say, you see, he can still contribute.

Saladino haha...Gordon never has followed a consistent plan since his rookie season.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)

you feel for Gordo? If anything, he's lucky he was wrongly IDed as a 1st round talent, otherwise he'd probably have been given far fewer chances.

Don't feel bad for the guy he's already made quite a bit of money and he has a lifetime gig in the White Sox' org if he wants it.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 13, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
i really hate to say this, but i think no matter what, MJ will not make the team this yr. i think the sox FO wants him to work on his defense in the minors, less stress if he makes an error.

You think Micah Johnson has no chance of making the team?

Honestly, I would be shocked if he's not the opening day 2B.