Final 25 man roster will be announced Th 4/2

southsider2k5

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
Well, Sanchez will be easy to send down when Sale/Petricka comes off the DL. Other than that, I don't get it.

So they will go with 7 in the pen and 4 starters? Is it more likely that they will send Drabek to the minors now? If the 7 are: Robertson, Duke, Putnam, Guerra, Jennings, Albers, and Drabek, one will be discarded in a week for Petricka. I wonder if they will just keep Cleto and DFA him when Petricka is ready and try to slide Drabek to AAA?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
Yes. Sounds like he'll pitch April 12th. Starters will be on regular rest.

That kinda pisses me off actually. If you look at their batted ball data from the 2nd half only one of those guys looks like a legit MLB starter -- and it's not John Danks. Whatever as long as they don't start skipping Noesi's turn in the rotation instead of Danks' (if they have such an opportunity during the season) it won't have any impact.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
RV also says Danks will be the No. 3 starter. Noesi gets the home opener April 10.

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiSox/status/583339417726685184

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
Yes. Sounds like he'll pitch April 12th. Starters will be on regular rest.

So much for splitting up the lefties and righties. Samardzija should start on the 11th and Sale on the 12th, then?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
That kinda pisses me off actually. If you look at their batted ball data from the 2nd half only one of those guys looks like a legit MLB starter -- and it's not John Danks. Whatever as long as they don't start skipping Noesi's turn in the rotation instead of Danks' (if they have such an opportunity during the season) it won't have any impact.

Not sure what you're mad at - they're not skipping Noesi or Danks. Effectively they're skipping Carroll/Penny/whoever and using the off day to push Shark's turn forward.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
So much for splitting up the lefties and righties. Samardzija should start on the 11th and Sale on the 12th, then?

Not really true. With a 2 games series and 2 days off the second week, they can go Sale Shark and Quintana in Detroit the second weekend series.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)

Im kinda of thinking Sale 11th and Shark 12th.

4/6 Shark

4/8 Q

4/9 Danks

4/10 Noesi

4/11 Sale

4/12 Shark

Starting Sale on the 11 would be a rotation of Sale, Shark, Q, Danks and Noesi which makes sense.

Edited by StRoostifer

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)

4/6 Shark

4/8 Q

4/9 Danks

4/10 Noesi

4/11 Sale

4/12 Shark

Starting Sale on the 11 would be a rotation of Sale, Shark, Q, Danks and Noesi which makes sense.

The way I explained it works out too. Shark sat, Sale Sun, Q and Danks in Cleveland, then 3-headed monster in Detroit.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
The way I explained it works out too. Shark sat, Sale Sun, Q and Danks in Cleveland, then 3-headed monster in Detroit.

It does work but are the Sox going to have all three lefties follow one another in the rotation?

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)

4/6 Shark

4/8 Q

4/9 Danks

4/10 Noesi

4/11 Sale

4/12 Shark

They can go:

4/11 Shark

4/12 Sale

4/13 off

4/14 quintana

4/15 danks or noesi

4/16 off

4/17 sale

4/18 shark

4/19 quintana

And have noesi and then danks which would have been original thought of rotation

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
They can go:

4/11 Shark

4/12 Sale

4/13 off

4/14 quintana

4/15 danks or noesi

4/16 off

4/17 sale

4/18 shark

4/19 quintana

And have noesi and then danks which would have been original thought of rotation

That works too. I was just going by the Sox hinting that Sale could start the 11th and that Danks was the #3. If these are true then Sale the 11th makes sense. Either way, the good thing is it looks like Sale will only miss the one start.

Edited by StRoostifer

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)
It does work but are the Sox going to have all three lefties follow one another in the rotation?

Does it matter if they face 3 separate teams? First game would be against Manny, 2 in a row in Cleveland, and then Sale in Detroit. Doesn't seem like its that big of a deal. It's not like you're throwing 4 lefties in a 4 game series.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
They can go:

4/11 Shark

4/12 Sale

4/13 off

4/14 quintana

4/15 danks or noesi

4/16 off

4/17 sale

4/18 shark

4/19 quintana

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing Sale's second start will be on 5 days rest.

Then starting on 4/18 it's the intended opening day rotation: Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Danks, Noesi

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
Does it matter if they face 3 separate teams? First game would be against Manny, 2 in a row in Cleveland, and then Sale in Detroit. Doesn't seem like its that big of a deal. It's not like you're throwing 4 lefties in a 4 game series.

I'm thinking more along the lines of when the Sox insert Sale into the rotation, that will be the order for the rest of the season. Unless an injury happens or Noesi/Danks struggle in which Rodon comes into the picture.

I get what you're saying though. Its not like every team in every series will see all three lefties.

Thought I had read Sale was going to have another start on Monday which would put him in line for his next start being the 11th.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to argue. Just explaining where I'm coming from, I could be way the hell off for all I know.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 10:15 PM)
I'm thinking more along the lines of when the Sox insert Sale into the rotation, that will be the order for the rest of the season. Unless an injury happens or Noesi/Danks struggle in which Rodon comes into the picture.

I get what you're saying though. Its not like every team in every series will see all three lefties.

Thought I had read Sale was going to have another start on Monday which would put him in line for his next start being the 11th.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to argue. Just explaining where I'm coming from, I could be way the hell off for all I know.

the baseball org usually redo the rotation when there is a break in the schedule, of at all, or at the all star break.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 11:40 AM)
https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/583669195511967744

Read into this meaning Drabek is #7 in the pen?

Yep, at this point the 25 man is pretty clear.

Eaton

Cabrera

Abreu

LaRoache

Garcia

Gillaspie

Ramirez

Flowers

Johnson

Samardzija

Quintana

Danks

Noesi

Robertson

Putnam

Duke

Albers

Guerra

Drabek

Jennings

Soto

Sanchez

Shuck

Bonifacio

Beckham

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
Or maybe they want to give him more opportunities to show that he's MLB ready before the season. It's also amusing how whoever makes those always misspells "Putnam".

Good catch. Which reminds me, I CANNOT STAND how Rongey says Putnam wrong.

http://www.azsnakepit.com/2015/4/2/8329411...son-report-card

Peter O'Brien, Inciarte and Peralta could be interesting options for the Sox down the line, when/if they become available.

This is pretty much a blueprint for what NOT to do when rebuilding (see Hahn, last offseason)....with significant question marks surrounding their pitching staff, outfield, catching situation (worst in majors, likely) and how/when/if/where Yasmani Tomas and Yoan Lopez (broke the bank in international signing period) will make a significant impact on the major league team.