4/14 - White sox vs Indians

flavum

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
Stop it. There are two outs, you are up by three, and it took a perfect relay to get him out.

In that situation, being aggressive is fine.

Well you don't want to make the 3rd out at 3rd...2 outs is a bad thing here. I get the hustle though he's trying to win the game and he thought he had it. They made a helluva relay.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
No reason at all to go for 3 there. Play the game right ! Never 3rd out at 3rd base . Selfish play by Eaton.

Yeah he scores on any base hit from 2nd, that was just unnecessary.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:31 AM)
Stop it. There are two outs, you are up by three, and it took a perfect relay to get him out.

In that situation, being aggressive is fine.

Not a fan, as with his speed a single scores him from 2nd

Sorry if this is redundant but I really don't want to read the whole game thread....is anyone else having issues with MLB.tv? I've been on the phone with those jackasses for 90 minutes and their only solution was a factory restore on my PS4 even though it's not working on my laptop or iphone either.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
This year being April 14th? 7 games into the season?

I know we live in the Twitter age of everything now now now, but f***ing relax.

Huh? It was a simple question. That is also why I said yet. I know it is early but I was curious if it has benefited us yet or not. I know it probably will more then a handful of times this season

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
Sorry, wasn't directed totally at you.

I guess I just haven't had a problem with the aggression so far. I usually side with the Earl Weaver school of thought in most cases, but I just got so sick of watching this team the last 6-8 years of plodding baseball. It was refreshing to hear and see a different approach, and an approach Sox fans aren't used to.

With aggression is going to come risk, and fans need to get used to it. The Sox also need to be better about their decision making, but over a 162 game season, I like the idea of putting a lot more pressure on teams defense.

Other view is that bad baserunning is bad baserunning. making the 3rd out at 3rd with the heart of the order due up and getting picked off (hi Micah) aren't being "aggressive" it's being stupid.

That said, I take the middle view. It's fine, but ffs start to clean in it up.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 14, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
wow can the Sox find a scrap heap pen guy that's actually decent????????????????

He was actually pretty good for Miami last year. He also got hit in the head last year that kept him out awhile.

Edit: 1.34 ERA

Edited by BigHurt3515