Attendance 2015

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
I'm not sure where I heard it, but I thought the reason was to keep the main home plate entrance at the corner of 35th and Shields.

i am not disputing what you said, i just wonder why that would be important.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
I've been to a couple games this season. When the crowd isn't going to be at least 25k, I don't think they even check for upper deck seats if you want to go to the lower level.

This. I bought tens of $7 seats last season for weekday games, was never checked. Not one single game. Not once. Never.

I like having room at the park, stay home! :P

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 06:28 PM)
This. I bought tens of $7 seats last season for weekday games, was never checked. Not one single game. Not once. Never.

I like having room at the park, stay home! :P

you really didn't fully stated what you were saying, so do you mean never!!! :lol:

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
you really didn't fully stated what you were saying, so do you mean never!!! :lol:

Not ever!

Anyone going tonight? I will be the drunk guy holding the Mortal Combat themed sign.

That being said, DON'T SIT BY ME. I need my room

QUOTE (sammy esposito @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
On the 20tgh and am sure other games so far this year the lower level was not filled and on that day the upper deck occupants could have easily fit into the lower level seats. So on that particular day just allow the upper deck occupants to move down to the lower level. Everyone happy.

They do.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
you may be right, but then why get rid of those top 9 rows of seats. what was the reasoning.

i was there one night when the park open up. my cuz and i shared our season tickets. so on the off night i went and brought upper deck. this person trip and fell roll down the stairs, i was looking backwards at the game and he took my feet from me. dislocated my shoulder. now for a point of ref. this was the night that someone had a gun and shot himself in the leg, behind home plate.

the seating, as i said before, was a good idea in concept, but it didn't work in real life.

now the rest of the park, its great....

I call bulls***. The has NEVER been an incident with a gun at the new park.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
Listening to all of the complaints that Sox fans have had over there years, including my personal favorite that the seats were the wrong color, they would have complained anyway.

Sox fans making excuses? Say it ain't so, joe

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 07:09 AM)
I call bulls***. The has NEVER been an incident with a gun at the new park.

if you are serious, it did happen. somebody who had a gun, somehow misfire and he shot his own leg. upper deck behind homeplate.

and the way you responded, how do you know if it did or didn't.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
I do know there was an incident where a gun was supposedly fired from the now torn down Robert Tayler Homes and it did a little damage in the upper deck. It occurred on a non game day.

nah, it was during a game, a man did something and the it misfired.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 08:28 AM)
I do know there was an incident where a gun was supposedly fired from the now torn down Robert Tayler Homes and it did a little damage in the upper deck. It occurred on a non game day.

Operative word: "supposedly". I believe that rumor was from way back in season 1 of the "new Comiskey Park". If memory serves me correctly, someone called the Jonathan Brandmeier show and merely said it happened, but obviously with no evidence to back it up. It was quickly debunked and dismissed by the team, and the story pretty much ended at that.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 05:08 PM)
Operative word: "supposedly". I believe that rumor was from way back in season 1 of the "new Comiskey Park". If memory serves me correctly, someone called the Jonathan Brandmeier show and merely said it happened, but obviously with no evidence to back it up. It was quickly debunked and dismissed by the team, and the story pretty much ended at that.

new sox park open in 1991

1993 Sept 29

WOMAN SHOT ACCIDENTALLY AT GAME

http://www.news-record.com/woman-shot-acci...a002ac2b3f.html

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 11:08 AM)

It started as a rumor then became a fact. Google Comiskey Park bullet damage

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
The 4/25 postponement will help in the long run. I expect at least 20k, if only for the blanket. And with the 2005 reunion that weekend, you at see more people hitting both games that day.

It always amazes me how a cheap blanket draws people. Make up games usually are not well attended. Whatever blankets they have leftover in game 1 they will probably give away game 2. A blanket in July. I hope it's 98 degrees.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
The 4/25 postponement will help in the long run. I expect at least 20k, if only for the blanket. And with the 2005 reunion that weekend, you at see more people hitting both games that day.

You know its a sad state of affairs when we are shooting for just 20K!!