4/23 - White Sox vs. Royals 7:10 CST

Dunt

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
See Hahn, Rick.

It takes time to change the organizational philosophy.

If Moore had been the GM for the past 20 years, your retort would be relevant here.

Maybe the White Sox need an actual organizational philosophy for the minors and majors like the Cardinals put together....a guidebook for every single player in the organization to read. It's not rocket science, Buddy Bell.

Most of KS line up didn't even play rookie ball with them.and most of the guys who did like Gordon and Moose are hardly ball in play guys.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
The base running on this team is a joke. Who the hell attempts to score on a one hopper to 1st? And why the hell was Garcia not on 3rd quicker & how the f*** did Gillaspie not get to 2nd? My goodness

with his secondary lead (as he should be getting in case of a passed ball) he was deads to rights. did a good job staying alive to get guys over imo. the real tragedy was gillaspie completely f***ing up two hanging sliders from Ventura. the first one he yanked foul, the 2nd he was even more early on.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

"I’d like us to play better than we did the last time against them," manager Robin Ventura wryly said. "Statement series, that’s probably a bit much, but you want to play good baseball -- that’s the statement you want to make. I think guys are swinging it a little better and pitchers are doing well and that’s the stuff you really look for. I’d rather us play better baseball than make a statement to them. I’d rather make a statement for ourselves."

Center fielder Adam Eaton said the idea of statements or getting fired up for series like this is overblown -- "It doesn’t matter who’s out there, it could be a high school team, we want to take three out of four," he said -- even if the 11-4 Royals have come firing out of the gate.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)
Most of KS line up didn't even play rookie ball with them.and most of the guys who did like Gordon and Moose are hardly ball in play guys.

Escobar, Dyson, Orlando, Cain, Perez, Infante (although he came from another organization)...they all have been taught by one organization or another to just put the ball in play.

Rios, Morales, Moustakas, Hosmer and Gordon....different situations, although Gordon when he was shifted off 3B to LF and went back down to Omaha started to change his offensive approach completely and become more a doubles/gap hitter.