Baltimore Riots

greg775

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:06 AM)
This assumes that the police department leadership would label cops who rough people up as "bad cops" instead of good cops doing a good job and that the only thing standing in their way is those pesky unions.

That's a problem, and the best way to weed that out is City Hall forcing changes from the top down. Which again would be black democrats in a city like Baltimore.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
i agree and disagree. i can see the importance of a union, but when a cop is tried or investigated by the internal affairs, that ruling is a lot more severe and harsher penalties comes from that.

but its the ones that don't get there, like your case, that just build up tensions but never get addressed. I bet the chief or a supervisor knew about it, or cases before yours. Yes, there has to be a 'want to' from management, but you have to start somewhere.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
A culture that for a while now has been led by blacks and democrats, the people who supposedly have Baltimore's best interests in mind.

So if the major or city council was white, like in LA during the Rodney King and OJ Simpson debacles...then it would make it, what, worse?

Who was leading the city during the Rampart investigations?

You're telling me that the culture of the police force is set by the mayor and Democrats?

REALLY?

http://article.wn.com/view/2015/04/20/Majo...gns_After_Firs/

If that's your example, then Parma, Missouri, is an easy counter-example to cite.

Should I keep going?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
but its the ones that don't get there, like your case, that just build up tensions but never get addressed. I bet the chief or a supervisor knew about it, or cases before yours. Yes, there has to be a 'want to' from management, but you have to start somewhere.

Getting rid of police unions won't suddenly change police management's mind on excessive force.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
That's a problem, and the best way to weed that out is City Hall forcing changes from the top down. Which again would be black democrats in a city like Baltimore.

i got a better idea, give the country back to the indians and your europeans go back to your country.

:headbang

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)

On CNN last night they had someone on who said the average age of the looters was 16 or 17. Were they really looting because they all had built up tensions, or where they just taking advantage of the situation?

I think the majority of people destroying businesses and starting fires, and throwing rocks and bricks at cops and firefighters weren't present during the peaceful protests.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)

internal affairs investigation is not pretty and it is not a procedural form of sweeping it under the carpet.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
Getting rid of police unions won't suddenly change police management's mind on excessive force.

I never said get rid of them. I believe there should be easier ways for departments to rid themselves of bad cops without the blue wall getting in the way.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
On CNN last night they had someone on who said the average age of the looters was 16 or 17. Were they really looting because they all had built up tensions, or where they just taking advantage of the situation?

I think the majority of people destroying businesses and starting fires, and throwing rocks and bricks at cops and firefighters weren't present during the peaceful protests.

Those were all the high schoolers near the mall responding to the online "purge" invitation/s.

Nothing specifically to do with the police brutality situation at all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)
So if the major or city council was white, like in LA during the Rodney King and OJ Simpson debacles...then it would make it, what, worse?

Who was leading the city during the Rampart investigations?

You're telling me that the culture of the police force is set by the mayor and Democrats?

REALLY?

http://article.wn.com/view/2015/04/20/Majo...gns_After_Firs/

If that's your example, then Parma, Missouri, is an easy counter-example to cite.

Should I keep going?

digressing from what is on hand.... me thinks.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)

Like all the lovely jobs those white Republicans are doing in Texas, NM, Arizona and California policing the borders?

http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-sheriff-resp...DQzXzEEc2VjA3Nj

Like this jack---.

Remember him?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)

And again this is correct, most of the looters in all these cases are just the ones who take advantage of the deteriorating situation.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
Those were all the high schoolers near the mall responding to the online "purge" invitation/s.

Nothing specifically to do with the police brutality situation at all.

This was actually before they went to the mall. This was when they were showing the liquor stores, the cell phone store and the CVS being ransacked.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 12:57 AM)
I feel so sorry for the family of the victim, dishonoring his memory like this. LIke LDF said, using his death for materisl gain or just an excuse to break s***.

All these thugs care about is looting and destroying everything it is the same class of people over and over.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
internal affairs investigation is not pretty and it is not a procedural form of sweeping it under the carpet.

I wouldn't think it was. But what about the stuff that never makes it to IA? Where they 'talk' the person into not pressing the case or something? I am sure there are a lot of incidents that don't get reported. I also know that there are a lot of made up cases of violence against cops, which I am sure makes it difficulty for IA and supervisors. During all that Occupy stuff, there were emails going around telling people that if they were arrested to claim they were beat up and/or otherwise abused, even if they weren't. it happens.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:15 AM)
digressing from what is on hand.... me thinks.

Someone was trying to directly link the "police culture" in Baltimore with African-American leadership and/or Democrats.

If that's true, logically....then white administrations where white officers are committing crimes against minority populations (such as Hispanics/Mexicans in the Southwest) are even guiltier.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:55 AM)
Maybe if the police union wasn't so strong, they could get rid of bad cops...

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
lol, yes clearly the problem here is unionization.

It is part of the problem, sort of. The rules negotiated with the unions. But the departments and their municipalities are equally responsible for allowing those rules. So even that part of the problem is 50/50.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
maybe it is me and that i am misreading it. but i see you painting all cops as such, and that is not the case.

I think it's fair to do the same characterization of both sides. If 10% of the protestors are actively criminals and are "uncivilized thugs", both terms used in this thread, then the police don't get to brag because their bad number is 5%. Either you use the broad brush to paint both sides or we can drop it and actually focus on how things get to this point so often.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)
Like all the lovely jobs those white Republicans are doing in Texas, NM, Arizona and California policing the borders?

http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-sheriff-resp...DQzXzEEc2VjA3Nj

Like this jack---.

Remember him?

There are Republicans in California???

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
I wouldn't think it was. But what about the stuff that never makes it to IA? Where they 'talk' the person into not pressing the case or something? I am sure there are a lot of incidents that don't get reported. I also know that there are a lot of made up cases of violence against cops, which I am sure makes it difficulty for IA and supervisors. During all that Occupy stuff, there were emails going around telling people that if they were arrested to claim they were beat up and/or otherwise abused, even if they weren't. it happens.

So your example of police abuse (and accusations against) only apply to "left-leaning" groups?

What about Ruby Ridge and Waco? Well, of course, that was all Bill Clinton and Janet Reno's fault, right?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
It is part of the problem, sort of. The rules negotiated with the unions. But the departments and their municipalities are equally responsible for allowing those rules. So even that part of the problem is 50/50.

This assumes that police management would label police who 'rough up' people as "bad cops" and would get rid of them if it weren't for the unions. I don't see any evidence for that.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
There are Republicans in California???

The Central Valley is, like most agricultural areas, heavily Republican. Orange County is often ground zero for right-wing politics (it's where Reagan and Nixon both came from).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
So your example of police abuse (and accusations against) only apply to "left-leaning" groups?

What about Ruby Ridge and Waco? Well, of course, that was all Bill Clinton and Janet Reno's fault, right?

Calm down buttercup, I gave one example. Do I have to balance all of them out with an equal offender from the other political side every time? Just take the point that false accusations of abuse do occur. That is the point I was making, and I threw out ONE example, of which I am sure you could find many.