2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 31, 2016 -> 04:20 PM)
Trammel, the first link, getting big helium right now.

I know, he fully committed himself to baseball and his tools just took off, it also doesn't hurt if you're a freak athlete. I could see him going in the first half of the the first round proper but because he carries the stigma of being a two sport athlete, I could still see him going in the supplemental round despite his monster campaign.

Texas, Minnesota, Houston and Toronto are fits. Pittsburgh loves to draft multi sport guys and I wonder if the Sox with Hostelter's ties to the Georgia area and his preference of high school players would consider taking him at 10, if not 26.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 30, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
Regional match ups just came out.

Southeast Missouri State is facing Mississippi State. Could be a Lucchessi vs. Hudson match up on Friday night, everyone should be watching

I would be pleased if Hudson falls to the Sox, I think he could be a solid #3. I've seen John Lackey as a comp and Nathan Eovaldi.

While I'm praying that Jason Groome falls to the Sox, or they end up with Mickey Moniak, I would be so exited if the Sox ended up drafting Blake Rutherford. Up until the start of the season, a lot of draft experts and sites had this guy going #1 overall or #2 overall. He's been in the spotlight since he was 16 and he's definitely struggling from prospect fatigue. I think people are overblowing the age thing, everyone always knew he was a little older but because of his skill level and agree could play full season ball next year for the team that drafts him.

Having Rutherford in the system would bring a big boost to the farm.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 28, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
Sox won't take Collins over Rutherford.

Cal Quantrill is rumored to have a deal with the Pads at one of their picks 24/25.

BA has him going to the Padres at #8 on an underslot deal.

Could be they are the team trying to slip Rutherford down the board and draft him at 24 and use savings at 8 and 25 to give him a Cameron type deal.

My wishlist as of now:

1.10 Corey Ray - Lou, CF - seems to be slipping and this would be a really good fit in a lot of ways

1.26 Alec Hansen - OU RHP - Guy entered the year as the choice to be 1.1 could be a good spot to save some money on a guy and have him rebound for you at some point. Back in the rotation and has 29 K's in his last 20IP.

2. Matt Manning - HS RHP - Athletic multi sport athlete that the Sox tend to love. Would eat all of the money you saved on Hansen and more. Spencer Adams v2

3. Ronnine Dawson - LF OSU - Guy with a lot of athleticism and ability. Has a solid power/speed combination. Hit .329/.423/.617 this season with 13 HR and 20 SB.

4. Spencer Van Scoyoc - HS LHP - Runs fastball up to 92 with a plus breaking ball.

5. Joel Booker - Iowa CF - Senior hit .370/.421/.532 with 23 SB's. Need to start saving money and this guy could help while not breaking the bank.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
My wishlist as of now:

1.10 Corey Ray - Lou, CF - seems to be slipping and this would be a really good fit in a lot of ways

1.26 Alec Hansen - OU RHP - Guy entered the year as the choice to be 1.1 could be a good spot to save some money on a guy and have him rebound for you at some point. Back in the rotation and has 29 K's in his last 20IP.

2. Matt Manning - HS RHP - Athletic multi sport athlete that the Sox tend to love. Would eat all of the money you saved on Hansen and more. Spencer Adams v2

3. Ronnine Dawson - LF OSU - Guy with a lot of athleticism and ability. Has a solid power/speed combination. Hit .329/.423/.617 this season with 13 HR and 20 SB.

4. Spencer Van Scoyoc - HS LHP - Runs fastball up to 92 with a plus breaking ball.

5. Joel Booker - Iowa CF - Senior hit .370/.421/.532 with 23 SB's. Need to start saving money and this guy could help while not breaking the bank.

Corey Ray is not going fall past the top 5. Alec Hansen at 26 maybe a reach, and there's no way that Matt Mannig is going to fall to the second round.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 06:55 PM)
Corey Ray is not going fall past the top 5. Alec Hansen at 26 maybe a reach, and there's no way that Matt Mannig is going to fall to the second round.

Law has Ray going in the teens in his latest mock. If Manning doesn't get selected in the top 10, he will slip at least to the comp picks he is asking for $4-5M and the teams from 11-24 can't pay that.

OT: Really sad news out of Vandy this morning. Freshman pitcher Donny Everett drowned and died last night. A top 30 prospect in last years draft and only was 19.

Condolences to the Everett family. So sad.

Edited by SoxPride18

Jim Callis has the White Sox selecting Corey Ray at 10.

10. White Sox: Corey Ray, OF, Louisville

Part of the first tier of college position players with Lewis and Senzel, Ray seems to be sliding a bit. He'd be a great fit for Chicago because he's from the city and participated in the club's Amateur City Elite program that promotes baseball in the inner city, not to mention a great value at No. 10. The White Sox have cooled on Miami catcher Zack Collins and could decide between Hudson and fast-rising Wisconsin shortstop Gavin Lux if Ray doesn't get here.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/181759132/ml...lewis-are-top-3

Another local name here, sort of:

No. 96 -- Skylar Szynski, RHP Penn (Ind.) HS (-34)

It's not so much that Szynski's stuff backed up over the course of the spring, but more that he didn't take the step forward some envisioned. A season of evaluation has led scouts to see him more as a third-round talent.

Law has the Sox taking Collins with the #10 pick over Rutherford, Perez, and Moniak. His explanation is below...

"I've heard them on Hudson, Robert Tyler and suddenly on Collins, but less on high school guys."

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 43m43 minutes ago Chicago, IL

The #WhiteSox are working out Puerto Rican SS Delvin Perez, Wisconsin prep SS Gavin Lux and a few others at The Cell right now

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 9m9 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Wisconsin C Ben Rortvedt also working out, pea shooter of an arm