2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 18, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
He was a reliever his first two years. Pitched great in the Cape. Has been pretty good this year as a starter. Definitely not the track record of Rodon/Fulmer. He lacks refinement on his secondary stuff which isn't surprising given his trajectory. I would be pretty disappointed if he was the pick. I do think he's the lazy pick for the analysts who don't have a beat on the Sox. I don't get the feeling they'll take him.

Agreed. Hudson seems to fit the old narrative... The Lance Broadway era. With all of the talk about catching I have seen around our system, I have to imagine Collins, if they think he can stick behind the dish, has to be a guy they would love a shot at.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 18, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
He was a reliever his first two years. Pitched great in the Cape. Has been pretty good this year as a starter. Definitely not the track record of Rodon/Fulmer. He lacks refinement on his secondary stuff which isn't surprising given his trajectory. I would be pretty disappointed if he was the pick. I do think he's the lazy pick for the analysts who don't have a beat on the Sox. I don't get the feeling they'll take him.

I really dont think they go college pitcher at 10 either unless Puk is magically there. Too much potential in the bats at the top of the draft too miss out on. I would really be happy if they landed a good college or prep bat at 10, then drafted Lauer at 26. The more I look at that kid, the more interesting he becomes.

The Sox are tough to read definitely. The track record says college pitcher given their successes there, but its hard to find one that fits at 10. A college bat makes the most sense there, but you couldn't fault them for grabbing a high ceiling prep there.

I really the odds are pretty strong that they pass on a college pitcher at 10 and grab one at 26. Hansen and Sheffield are both guys that were considered to be top 10 guys that should be around then though both come with a degree of risk.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/177741112/ky...picid=151437456

Jonathan Mayo has the Sox taking Blake Rutherford and SS Gavin Lux in the 1st round. I'd be down with that.

Not sure I would be any happier than that day 1. Maybe if Ray falls to 10 or Nolan Jones falls to 26. Otherwise that would be a huge boost to the system.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:39 AM)
That's the second big writer that has tied us to Lux. Interesting.

Most scouts think he can stay at SS and has potential for 15 homers per year. First Wisconsin prep to go in quite some time though. His uncle is the head coach at Carthage.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
Most scouts think he can stay at SS and has potential for 15 homers per year. First Wisconsin prep to go in quite some time though. His uncle is the head coach at Carthage.

Played against Carthage in 2011 and 2012. Always a solid program.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 19, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
Possibly? Was it posted already. Callis has his coming out tomorrow.

No worries, it was from last week. Thought I remembered it, especially since they said Puk had a bad start (he was great vs Vandy this past wknd)

Latest MLB.com mock is out

10. White Sox: Blake Rutherford, OF, Chaminade Prep (Canoga Park, Calif.)

Though Chicago likes college pitchers and took Carlos Rodon and Carson Fulmer with its past two first-rounders, Puk won't get here and the other college arms (led by Mississippi State right-hander Dakota Hudson) would be a stretch at 10. There will be multiple attractive high school pitchers, but the White Sox haven't spent a first-rounder on one since Kris Honel 15 years ago. Rutherford may fit best, ahead of the next-best college bat (Miami catcher Zack Collins).

26. White Sox: Gavin Lux, SS, Indian Trail Academy (Kenosha, Wis.)

In a terrible Draft for shortstops, Lux has established himself as the second best behind Perez after improving his tools this spring. Chicago is higher on Georgia right-hander Robert Tyler than most clubs.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/179142756/aj...picid=151437456

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ May 20, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)

If at 26 Bryan Reynolds still isn't off the board and they've taken Collins it wouldn't surprise me to make that pick. Leaving picks 49 & 86 for the likes of Matt Krook and Ben Bowden