5/9 Reds @ White Sox Doubleheader

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)
Truth is, this team sucks. Just too many bad hitters/defenders. Unfortunately can't face Joba every game

Team is boring as can be right now................no hitting or defense.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really glad that the reds chose to switch the pitching matchups for today. Rodon was guaranteed to get a no decision or an L if he faced Cueto. No he has a good chance to get a W in his first ML start

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2015 -> 06:13 PM)
Meanwhile, the Twins are about to be five games over .500, sigh.

Wonder if the Indians somehow being worse is the only thing besides JR saving Ventura's job?

I keep telling you they won't make a move like that on their guy, an organizational-long-time guy, early in the season even if he were to deserve it and if they were really unhappy with him.

This is kind of a solid argument for why you don't hire an organizational-guy actually, because sometimes you do have to dispassionately say "we need to make a change just to see if it does anything" and they're not going to do that because you don't do that to "family".

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
Meanwhile, the Twins are about to be five games over .500, sigh.

Wonder if the Indians somehow being worse is the only thing besides JR saving Ventura's job?

That's why I'm all for trading everybody ... soon. Start with Robertson, then LaRoche, then Melky, then Duke then Lexy. We gonna get a lot of good players for these guys. Maybe the new team can play .500 someday.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
I do not care who it is at this point, ANYONE can do what Flowers brings to this team.

But but but Tyler does so many things that don't show up on the back of a baseball card!

QUOTE (DashFan @ May 9, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
But but but Tyler does so many things that don't show up on the back of a baseball card!

I forgot he parks cars, clean windows and checks the tires.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 9, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
That's why I'm all for trading everybody ... soon. Start with Robertson, then LaRoche, then Melky, then Duke then Lexy. We gonna get a lot of good players for these guys. Maybe the new team can play .500 someday.

You're overestimating the mid-May market by 75%.

And if they will continue to refuse axing Ventura, they're not going to firesale anyone beyond Samardzija.