NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)

Why why why on earth did the ncaa this this was a good idea? Watching Minnesota vs Temple live now and Minnesota hit the bonus with 14 minutes left in the first half.

They made so many awesome rules this year to improve the game greatly. But then inexplicably decided to give terrible refs way more power by saying they have to call every touch foul. The game is unwatchable right now. Why would they think this is a good idea?

I'm ok if the refs actually stick with it and call the game like this all year and make the teams adjust. In the past they have tried to clean up the hand checking and grabbing for the first month of the season and then they revert back to calling the game really loosely later in the year. I can live with a year of bad basketball if it makes the players and coaches actually adjust long term.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 07:30 PM)
They changed some foul rules two years ago and it sucked to start the season but eventually dissolved back to normalcy. Hope it does the same this year.

The officiating so far this year has been awful. Im not sure what the deal is. It doesnt help my boys shoot under 50 percent from the stripe either.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
They changed some foul rules two years ago and it sucked to start the season but eventually dissolved back to normalcy. Hope it does the same this year.

I don't. I want them to stick to actually cleaning up freedom of movement. If it makes for a s***ty season (where Illinois isn't great anyways) but makes college basketball a better product in the long run I'm all for it. The games right now all are brutal to watch though.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
I hate that they're taking physicality out of basketball but I know I'm in the minority.

Are we in minority? Ugh

At least Michigan has LeVert cuz nobody else is decent.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)
Chatanooga just hit 5 threes to close out the game. My f***ing god

This team is just horrendous on D. Some of that is injury related but they are also poorly coached and I hate Groce's defensive scheming. We should have new football and basketball coaches again next year. Maybe one of the two will be our first good coach since Self left.

Oh, and I'm not a believer that you need a great PG to win but it would be nice to at least have a good one which our last 2 coaches were unable to recruit other than McCamey (Abrams isn't terrible and he'd be a massive upgrade over Tate and Lewis but he isn't particularly good either). And it really isn't that difficult to find a competent PG so I have no idea who Weber and Groce have struggled so much with this (seriously Chester Frazier is the best you can do in the first 3 years when you have Deron and Dee to sell, Michael Orris? (choosing Orris over Van Vleet), Jaylon Tate, not recruiting Ulis hard until Kentucky is on him?). This stuff just isn't the rocket science Weber and Groce make it seem like at times.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
Chatanooga just hit 5 threes to close out the game. My f***ing god

Did they get rid of the under 4 minute TV break? I was watching as Illinois was up. Play dead at 3:58 left so I took dog out, came back in and they were down 3 with like 1:30 left. I rewound it and saw they didn't do the usual 4 minutes left commercial.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 06:58 AM)
Did they get rid of the under 4 minute TV break? I was watching as Illinois was up. Play dead at 3:58 left so I took dog out, came back in and they were down 3 with like 1:30 left. I rewound it and saw they didn't do the usual 4 minutes left commercial.

No, but if a team took a TO within 30 seconds of the under 4 Media TO, that becomes a media TO now. It gors for all media TOs.

Edited by Dick Allen