NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 10:47 PM)
I thought Leron Black would be so much better. That injury has made him pretty worthless

He still isn't moving like he used to. Better than a couple of weeks ago but there is no explosiveness at all right now which is a shame. Hopefully the athleticism continues to come back or else he is never going to be more than a role player.

Also, I still cannot figure out why Jordan is playing less than Lewis, Tate and Austin. Those 3 are unfathomably bad and have no talent. I really don't give a f*** if Jordan struggles on defense at times because he actually can make shots and has upside. Also, use DJ as an energy player at times because he upgrades the athleticism on the court.

10 years of bad basketball now. Sigh.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 11:25 PM)
Groce is so, so bad. Go 2-20 from the field? Better play more and more of a walk-on who is a black hole on offense! Along PGs who are also black holes! Even sadder when Austin was awful on the defensive end.

The lack of minutes for Jordan is crazy to me. He has been really good on the offensive end so far and he has good size for a guard so eventually you can turn him into a solid defender. If Austin, Tate and Lewis were great defenders I would live with them being on the court even though they are horrendous on offense (i.e Chester Frazier but while I loved Chet even he was a huge net negative on the court until his senior year where he became just passable enough of a 3 point shooter to not completely kill you on that end).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
Groce is so, so bad. Go 2-20 from the field? Better play more and more of a walk-on who is a black hole on offense! Along PGs who are also black holes! Even sadder when Austin was awful on the defensive end.

Yeah, hard to defend that.

I still think Groce can be a successful coach, but he needs to stop the bleeding and quick this season if he's going to be.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 05:54 PM)
NDSU went on a big run when everyone thought Niang blew out his knee.

The team is still learning to play under Prohm as well. The defense is already miles ahead of last year.

Ken Pom efficiency ratings, while still early

Offense last year: 11

This year: 15

Defense last year: 71

This year: 22

They've been rusty on offense at times, but the defense has come miles already. They lose the Colorado game last year.

Thanks for that. I'm only following them here and there so I don't have much insight.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
I'd say IU's defense is terrible, but that implies we actually play any defense at all. Just brutal. I don't understand how the personnel and talent can stay the same/improve, and the defense can regress this much.

I dont see how Crean survives this season. There were board members at the game with their heads in between their hands during that game. IU trustees, fans etc view the program as close to if not equal to Duke, UNC etc and its pretty clear Crean isnt going to get them there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
Simmons sucked tonight

LOL. He's absolutely worth tanking for. If you get the #1 pick this year, the fortunes of your franchise change instantly. For as horrible and controversial as Philly has been, if they land the #1 pick, it will have all been worth it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
I dont see how Crean survives this season. There were board members at the game with their heads in between their hands during that game. IU trustees, fans etc view the program as close to if not equal to Duke, UNC etc and its pretty clear Crean isnt going to get them there.

http://www.tomcreanbuyout.com

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 05:48 PM)
Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 1h1 hour ago

Source: NCAA currently discussing rewriting bench decorum rules to curtail celebrations of Monmouth bench. Remember, it's about the kids!

What a ****ing joke the NCAA is. Unreal.

NCAA came out and said there was just a request to review them, they aren't doing anything about them (yet).

For those who hadn't heard of this like me, article is here, captures are here.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 05:54 PM)
NDSU went on a big run when everyone thought Niang blew out his knee.

The team is still learning to play under Prohm as well. The defense is already miles ahead of last year.

Ken Pom efficiency ratings, while still early

Offense last year: 11

This year: 15

Defense last year: 71

This year: 22

They've been rusty on offense at times, but the defense has come miles already. They lose the Colorado game last year.

Same thing happened again with Buffalo. Was a near-tie early in the 2nd half.

Iowa on Thursday will be a decent test. But the game @ Cincy on the 22nd will be the first ranked team they play (assuming they remain ranked). And they open the B12 season on Jan 2 at OU, which will be very interesting.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
Iowa State doing their thing again. Were down 20 to Iowa in the 2nd half, closed on a 9 point run to win 83-82. This won't work in B12 play.

More like Iowa doing their thing. Seems like they consistently are blowing wins against ISU. Damn that was disappointing.