5/21 Gamethread: White Sox vs Indians 7:10 CT CSN

Kyyle23

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Obviously, it's hindsight....but Russell Martin/Nelson Cruz instead of Melky/Bonifacio and we're still a contending team.

It's not only hindsight it's an extra $120 million. Those 2 are under contracts for more than the White Sox spent last offseason entirely.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are playing our division. Its where loses for us come in bunches. This Indians team is crap there is no reason they should come in here and take 3 out of 4. But I never would of thought the twins would of swept us as well.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2015 -> 07:02 PM)
The worst aspect is JUST when the fans were starting to believe the team COULD be a playoff contender...AND, playing at HOME where they have actually performed well this season, they just flat out are laying an egg again.

It's like, at least for the casual fans, "here we go, been there...done that...this team will bounce back and forth around the .500 mark, probably below it...not a terrible team but not a contending team and not one that's worthy of my support or emotional investment."

Purgatory.

Face it, Caulfield. You're hooked. You are not a casual fan. You're an addict. You're screwed. You'll be this way decades from now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2015 -> 07:06 PM)
It's not only hindsight it's an extra $120 million. Those 2 are under contracts for more than the White Sox spent last offseason entirely.

For some reason, I thought Cruz hadn't signed a 4 year deal.

It's closer to $90 million than $120 (differential if you subtract Melky's deal), but still not tenable for the White Sox.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 21, 2015 -> 08:07 PM)
Well we are playing our division. Its where loses for us come in bunches. This Indians team is crap there is no reason they should come in here and take 3 out of 4. But I never would of thought the twins would of swept us as well.

Losing 7 of 8 to those two teams no wonder they are under .500.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
For some reason, I thought Cruz hadn't signed a 4 year deal.

It's closer to $90 million than $120 (differential if you subtract Melky's deal), but still not tenable for the White Sox.

I was off by $15 million because I only counted Cabrera for $30 mil instead of $42. Close enough.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 21, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
Face it, Caulfield. You're hooked. You are not a casual fan. You're an addict. You're screwed. You'll be this way decades from now.

LOL.

And thus goeth the fate of White Sox fans from the time they're hooked.

A lot of suffering only surpassed (for now) by Cubdom. And no, I'm not going to treat fans of teams like the Padres, Rangers, Nationals, Mariners, etc., as "long suffering" by any definition.

Perhaps the Indians' fans can give the Cubs a battle, though.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 21, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
Losing 7 of 8 to those to teams no wonder they are under .500.

And might also explain how we've picked up where we left off last year, attendance-wise: third to last in all of baseball.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 21, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)
And might also explain how we've picked up where we left off last year, attendance-wise: third to last in all of baseball.

SOS 2015 fans have seen this movie before PASS