5/21 Gamethread: White Sox vs Indians 7:10 CT CSN

Kyyle23

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Herm worked nine years as head athletic trainer for Ponce in the Puerto Rican Winter League. Schneider earned his bachelor’s degree in sports medicine from Monroe Community College in Rochester, N.Y., in 1975. He served as assistant athletic trainer for the Yankees during their World Championship years of 1977 and 1978 before joining the Chicago White Sox as head athletic trainer in 1979. In 2003, Schneider was an athletic trainer for the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Chicago’s U.S Cellular Field. He also served as an athletic trainer for the All-Star Game in 1977, 1983 and 1991, and along with his assistant, Mark Anderson, received the 1996 “Major League Baseball Athletic Training Staff of the Year Award.” Schneider serves as a board member for the Deicke Center for Visual Rehabilitation and lives in Naperville, Ill., with his wife, Janet, and their two children, Daniel and Caitlin.

Well, I learned three things, born in the Netherlands....speaks Spanish very fluently...worked for the Yankees/Steinbrenner during the "Reggie Bar" days.

http://pbats.com/chicago-white-sox/

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 21, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Good teams would have gotten at least 3 runs with all these opportunities. Unfortunately we don't have a good team.

Sox get bases loaded and do not score much at all amazing how bad they are.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Herm worked nine years as head athletic trainer for Ponce in the Puerto Rican Winter League. Schneider earned his bachelor’s degree in sports medicine from Monroe Community College in Rochester, N.Y., in 1975. He served as assistant athletic trainer for the Yankees during their World Championship years of 1977 and 1978 before joining the Chicago White Sox as head athletic trainer in 1979. In 2003, Schneider was an athletic trainer for the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Chicago’s U.S Cellular Field. He also served as an athletic trainer for the All-Star Game in 1977, 1983 and 1991, and along with his assistant, Mark Anderson, received the 1996 “Major League Baseball Athletic Training Staff of the Year Award.” Schneider serves as a board member for the Deicke Center for Visual Rehabilitation and lives in Naperville, Ill., with his wife, Janet, and their two children, Daniel and Caitlin.

Well, I learned three things, born in the Netherlands....speaks Spanish very fluently...worked for the Yankees/Steinbrenner during the "Reggie Bar" days.

Wait a minute, he only has an undergrad degree?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 21, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
SOS 2015 fans have seen this movie before PASS

This would be the 30th time in Reinsdorf's 35 years as owner that we've seen this movie. Where is the criticism of and outrage against the horrific managing of this franchise by this guy!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)

You mean percentage-wise or raw numbers (sheer number of runners stranded in scoring position vs. batting average with RISP), because that makes perfect sense with our OBP and BA being so pedestrian...

I'm pretty sure all of those other teams ahead of us have gotten 10-30% more opportunities with RISP, roughly.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 21, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
This would be the 30th time in Reinsdorf's 35 years as owner that we've seen this movie. Where is the criticism of and outrage against the horrific managing of this franchise by this guy!

I would love Jerry to sell and KW gone and have a new vision Sox need it badly.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 21, 2015 -> 07:24 PM)
I would love Jerry to sell and KW gone and have a new vision Sox need it badly.

I could not agree more. This franchise is sorely in need of that new vision you mentioned, a house cleaning, as you suggested, and an overall new strategy. What Reinsdorf has employed during the last 35 years just hasn't worked, it's left our fan base dormant, and completely wasted the potential of a big market ball club.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 21, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
Wait a minute, he only has an undergrad degree?

Seems to be the case. I'm sure PTAC would know more.

If you look at Brian Bell, for example, much more extensive background (and he's even a precinct committeeman in Homer Township, lol)

A graduate from the University of Kentucky in 1995. He then attended graduate school at the University of Memphis. There he served as a graduate assistant athletic trainer for football, baseball and Olympic sports. Brian is a certified member of the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA), Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association (GLATA), and the Illinois Athletic Trainer Association (IATA)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)

Really MCC? I live 15 minutes away from MCC