5/25 White Sox at Blue Jays

Quin

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
Avi on the DL for 15 days during this road trip might well make it rock bottom.

Maybe.

2001 and 2007 were entertaining (Jose Canseco! Royce Clayton vs. Valentin, KW/Manuel/David Wells vs. Thomas, Wasserman/Fields/Andy Gonzalez) in their own ways.

2009-11-13 were pretty darned terrible, especially when Rios wasn't in a mood to play or sulking and Peavy was spending more time talking than pitching.

Last year, we had Abreu at least.

Otherwise, for me, you have to go back to 1986-87, but even those teams were more fun to pull for because nothing was expected out of them and almost all no-name players other than Baines/Fisk.

Edited by caulfield12

Ya know. All the hatred for Noesi but 5 IP and 5 runs including that putrid play by Lexi should have the White Sox in this ballgame against a guy with an ERA over 6...this offense is a complete atrocity.

Someone should have looked beyond the stats on Hutchinson.

2-1 with a 3.20 ERA in recent starts.

He's also LEADING the majors in run support for a starter, right around 9 runs scored per game when he starts. (Buehrle isn't far behind, mid 8's for run support.)

That's half a week for the White Sox.

(Not to mention the fact that we almost never play well at SkyDome/Rogers or against Baltimore. Then we have the Rangers (Prince Fielder/Beltre are alive and well again) and Astros power shows to finish off this season, essentially.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2015 -> 07:11 PM)
Someone should have looked beyond the stats on Hutchinson.

2-1 with a 3.20 ERA in recent starts.

He's also LEADING the majors in run support for a starter, right around 9 runs scored per game when he starts. (Buehrle isn't far behind, mid 8's for run support.)

That's half a week for the White Sox.

Yup we should totally only have 2 hits in the ballgame. Hutchinson's stuff tonight is unhittable. Tip your cap guys.

You could out a 10 year old out there and I don't think these mental midgets could come up with a game plan to beat him..

including the fraud of a manager.... Robin was always one of my favorites but if he doesn't resign its going to be bad.

QUOTE (harkness @ May 26, 2015 -> 12:16 AM)
You could out a 10 year old out there and I don't think these mental midgets could come up with a game plan to beat him..

including the fraud of a manager.... Robin was always one of my favorites but if he doesn't resign its going to be bad.

If this season goes as it looks, I would guess there will be a lot of changes to coaching staff

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 25, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
I've not really looked at stats, etc, to see....but, there is no way in hell there is a worse duo of catchers on any other MLB roster, than what we're stuck watching.

Oddly enough, the Marlins, Brewers and Rays have been worse, although the Brewers won't be once Lucroy comes back.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)
If this season goes as it looks, I would guess there will be a lot of changes to coaching staff

There should be...but I will believe it when I see it.

Last time we spent $115 million+ and won 63 games, the manager got a contract extension.

"Why does it look like Geovany Soto has never caught or thrown a baseball before?"

Hilarious.

REAL tweet/e-mail into the Blue Jays' booth.

Talking about his Catholic crosses, rubbing it with his hand, writing in the dirt (throwing prep or routine)....seems to be a mental block, comparing him to Chuck Knoblauch.

Stutter step, falling forward, throwing off the wrong foot...struggling to get the ball down to 2nd even when warming up the pitchers.

Noesi just caught that throw bare-handed, lol.

Can't throw the ball down to 3B on a K, either.

Edited by caulfield12