move beckham to 2nd base...

harkness99

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 31, 2015 -> 08:50 AM)
And in a week or two there will he cries about how Beckham needs to be replaced. This site is bi polar. Prospects coming up is a good thing, except if they are normal rookies and struggle their first few weeks. Then, they are trash. Ride it out with Sanchez and Johnson. The Sox lost to the ERA leader in the AL yesterday without their best hitter available. They aren't the first team not to put up much offense vs. him. Melky is starting to hit some balls hard again. Get Abreu back with Avi, get something out of the catchers, get Eaton to forget he has hit 2 homers recently, and the offense should bounce back.

Honestly I did not expect the Sox to do much of anything against Keuchel yesterday so the results were unsurprising to me. The AL's worst offense going against the AL's ERA leader was just not going to favor the Sox. Its a game the Sox can rebound from though.

I can understand the bi polar aspect. Its been a long time since the Sox were able to get consistent production out of the 2B position so I think its only natural to want to make a change and try something different.

If this team went into 2015 as another year in the rebuilding process I think the patience would be there but since the team is trying to contend, the patience is on a much shorter leash.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 31, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
They were pissed he was signed, and even more pissed he made the team out of sprimg training.

i was, and i still thought they could have address the hole by fa's. these were still fa available. lets not forget 1 thing, while he helps in defense, which is needed, how is his avg, now and lets see if he can carry it in aug.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 31, 2015 -> 02:36 PM)
Honestly I did not expect the Sox to do much of anything against Keuchel yesterday so the results were unsurprising to me. The AL's worst offense going against the AL's ERA leader was just not going to favor the Sox. Its a game the Sox can rebound from though.

I can understand the bi polar aspect. Its been a long time since the Sox were able to get consistent production out of the 2B position so I think its only natural to want to make a change and try something different.

If this team went into 2015 as another year in the rebuilding process I think the patience would be there but since the team is trying to contend, the patience is on a much shorter leash.

loosing for me is hard, regardless of the expectation of who or what ace player the sox are facing. is it an unrealistic idea in this state of the sox. maybe, but i will not give up hope.

on you last para. nice...... but loosing brings out the ugly in people.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 31, 2015 -> 09:15 AM)
The offense had been coming around the last 4 or 5 games, but from your comments in the game thread it appears you have no idea the guy the Sox faced yesterday has been one of the best pitchers in baseball this year, and seemed to forget the Sox best hitter was not playing.

And of course what would any change of player personnel do? You have already blamed the manager for the offense.

Offense coming around... Not sure what games you have been watching.

We had ONE game in Toronto where we scored 9 runs ... since then.

5 (3 through 9 innings)

6 (3 through 9 innings)

3.4 runs per game. (they avg 3.6 on the season)

Sooo I can't really agree with that observation..Again I haven't mentioned the last game at all specifically - you are the one obsessing about that and now you are bringing up Ventura... I also never complained about

beckham being signed.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ May 31, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)
Haha at people wishing Gordon Beckham is a starter now. How opinions change so quick.

That's because he's way better hitter than Sanchez or Micah. Of course we want him in there. And Boni is not a big leaguer.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 31, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
There's still reason to be pissed about the allocation of money on the bench. If you were going to sign Beckham to take Bonifacio's principal role then why sign Bonifacio? I'd rather be able to use those funds elsewhere than waste it on one or the other.

There were suggestions for players that would have been worse, at least until this point. While many complain about Danks and Noesi, what if they signed Masterson? . It is a very long season. I think Bonifacio's role will grow.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 31, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
They were pissed he was signed, and even more pissed he made the team out of sprimg training.

I thought it was great as a utility infielder. It's probably their best FA signing.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 31, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
I thought it was great as a utility infielder. It's probably their best FA signing.

And that tells you everything you need to know about the White Sox this season.

For the money involved, it's hard to argue Robertson over Beckham, although the save conversion rate doesn't come close to telling the story of how valuable David actually has been to solidifying the back end of the bullpen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 31, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
There were suggestions for players that would have been worse, at least until this point. While many complain about Danks and Noesi, what if they signed Masterson? . It is a very long season. I think Bonifacio's role will grow.

Masterson performance on a another team will not tell the story if he was with the sox. plus lets look at what he was done this yr. 2-2 win/lost and a 1 yr contract. filling in on the sox as a #4 starter, who knows what that could have done or helped.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 31, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Masterson performance on a another team will not tell the story if he was with the sox. plus lets look at what he was done this yr. 2-2 win/lost and a 1 yr contract. filling in on the sox as a #4 starter, who knows what that could have done or helped.

Well the pattern seems to be players worse when they join the Sox.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 05:42 AM)
Well the pattern seems to be players worse when they join the Sox.

you know, i really disagree with this, and i mean no offense in it. but these players the sox have done a lot better with other teams. i just don't buy they just forgot how to hit, how to play basic defense. except for the holes, this team will get it together.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 05:37 AM)
you know, i really disagree with this, and i mean no offense in it. but these players the sox have done a lot better with other teams. i just don't buy they just forgot how to hit, how to play basic defense. except for the holes, this team will get it together.

LaRoche is the 2nd NL lifer in a row we have signed as a FA to DH for us and has struggled. It's not an easy transition. Thome was a freak of nature.

Maybe next time we need a DH, we get someone who has some experience in AL DHing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 11:45 AM)
LaRoche is the 2nd NL lifer in a row we have signed as a FA to DH for us and has struggled. It's not an easy transition. Thome was a freak of nature.

Maybe next time we need a DH, we get someone who has some experience in AL DHing.

in the 80's and 90's that was my take, but in today's baseball, the hitters or hitters. yeah i look at his stats and if you look, he may be a little behind in is overall stats, esp he avg. but i also see that he gets better as the season progress.

then yeah maybe it is me wanting to see anything positive in this team.