6/8/15 Gamethread Sale vs McCullers

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
What was the record?

Don't know for sure . Sale is going for his 4th straight game of 20+ swing and misses. The last person that did that was Randy Johnson in 2002

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
Can't believe I was worried about Sale a few weeks ago, he's been completely dominant lately. He deserves to be in the playoffs, can we please not suck at least one year he's with us?

Annual reminder to not worry about a pitcher's ERA early in the year if the strikeouts and walks are good

I wonder how much longer Hahn will be cool with Flowers & Sanchez in the starting lineup. With the amount of high-paid regulars struggling, we can't tolerate a complete lack of offensive production at the bottom of the order.

Flowers has clearly proven he's not an everyday catcher. Not sure if he'd be an improvement, but I'd give Kottaras a look in a part-time role. As for Sanchez, he's currently sitting on a .400 OPS. I don't care how good his defense is, he's a negative value player right now. I stand by claim that Micah Johnson should never have been sent down in the first place. But given that they clearly don't feel confident with his defense, simply split time at 2B between Beckham & Bonifacio (Gordon could play 3B against RHP).

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
I wonder how much longer Hahn will be cool with Flowers & Sanchez in the starting lineup. With the amount of high-paid regulars struggling, we can't tolerate a complete lack of offensive production at the bottom of the order.

Flowers has clearly proven he's not an everyday catcher. Not sure if he'd be an improvement, but I'd give Kottaras a look in a part-time role. As for Sanchez, he's currently sitting on a .400 OPS. I don't care how good his defense is, he's a negative value player right now. I stand by claim that Micah Johnson should never have been sent down in the first place. But given that they clearly don't feel confident with his defense, simply split time at 2B between Beckham & Bonifacio (Gordon could play 3B against RHP).

Not sure why but, despite really good stats, Kottaras has barely played lately for Charlotte

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Not sure why but, despite really good stats, Kottaras has barely played lately for Charlotte

I'm guessing they simply want Kevan Smith to get the bulk of the playing time, but Kotteras has been very good offensively in his limited playing time. And even as a pro, he's been productive with the bat. However, given his lack of opportunities, he must be a complete liability defensively. Still might be better than Flowers if he can hit enough though.