2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY THREE

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
I like that Hickman pick.

So far only one "son of and insider" pick. And no daughters. Not bad.

Personally I hope they take more daughters. We are 1 for 1 taking daughters and potential HOFer's in the same draft. So if we can get a Buehrle everytime we take a daugther affiliated with the franchise, I am okay with that :)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
There is a ton going on now. The Astros managed to pick a Biggio and a Clemens in back to back rounds.

LOL Awesome

But the Sox set the standard with the employee publicly complaining that the org. insulted he and his son by not drafting him higher

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
And said employee is unemployed. I don't think that is a coincidence.

The fact that Ozney never got drafted again is hysterical. He's currently hitting like garbage in the Frontier League.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 03:38 AM)
About twice the slot value then. That's where a lot of the extra money went.

since we, the fans are not privy to inside info, i am going to trust Hahn and his people.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)
I meant the other Hickman we draft. OU commit. Seems like nice potential.

Unlikely. Already going over on Zangari, and Comito will raid the pool by 70k from 15th. He's probably the De Oca of this draft - consolation prize if Fulmer (Rodon) doesn't sign, they'll take a shot but just not likely to happen.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)
Unlikely. Already going over on Zangari, and Comito will raid the pool by 70k from 15th. He's probably the De Oca of this draft - consolation prize if Fulmer (Rodon) doesn't sign, they'll take a shot but just not likely to happen.

I wonder if the Clemson pitcher and Zangari are basically switching slot amounts. The slot value for the 4th rounder is $508,000. They can pull the other $70,000 for Comito but signing a couple guys under from the top 10. You are right though, Hickman © won't sign. Blake Hickman may be over slot as well.

The whole ability to bring in some of the HS talent all depends on what kind of deal they cut with Fulmer. If they can sign him to say $3 million, instead of his slot of just under $3.5 million, that frees up some money.

Right now we are probably even in the draft if you figure that rounds 9 and 10 as drafted seniors with a combined slotting of $315,500 should about save us what Rangari and Comito go over the slots.

If they can squeeze a half a million out of Fulmer, and maybe a bit (say $100k) out of somewhere else, that could fee up close to a million dollars for another signing, or just over $500k each for two (if you use most of the 5% you can go over=> $100K slot+ 500k Rd savings + $100k rest of draft saving + $267,374.99 overage allowance.= $967,374.99. For two picks you would add in another $100k for that slots signing slot as well.)

Rd 1 $3,470,600

Rd 4 $508,000

Rd 5 $380,400

Rd 6 $284,800

Rd 7 $213,400

Rd 8 $174,800

Rd 9 $163,200

Rd 10 $152,300

Total $5,347,500