Gamethread: White Sox vs Pirates 7:10 PM CSN+

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:06 AM)
He's one of the worst starters in baseball the last 3 years. He's the textbook definition of an awful starter

No, Chen is definition of an awful starter. Carroll was an awful starter. Humber at the end was the definition of an awful starter. Noesi is an AWFUL starter. No stuff. Meatballs galore. Nibbler. Not an attacker.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:09 AM)
Seriously Greg is acting like Danks is 7 years old and playing baseball for fun

I respect guys who come back from injury and battle. You guys are a tough crowd. I stand by my statement he's the LEAST of the Sox problems.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
No, Chen is definition of an awful starter. Carroll was an awful starter. Humber at the end was the definition of an awful starter. Noesi is an AWFUL starter. No stuff. Meatballs galore. Nibbler. Not an attacker.

I respect guys who come back from injury and battle. You guys are a tough crowd. I stand by my statement he's the LEAST of the Sox problems.

Oh I'm going to shed a tear now.

He didnt come back from an injury after fighting for his country. He's playing baseball and getting paid alot of money to do it. Plus he sucks.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:22 AM)
Oh I'm going to shed a tear now.

He didnt come back from an injury after fighting for his country. He's playing baseball and getting paid alot of money to do it. Plus he sucks.

LOL nobody will comment on the point I made in my post that Danks is the LEAST of the Sox problems. If he sucks, what is the word to describe Noesi and some of the god-awful relievers and No. 5 starters this team has had the past few years? Danks gives up 3 runs in 7 innings and sucks? I beg to differ.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:24 AM)
In June, Robertson will have more appearances:

1. in save situations

2. Because he needs work.

What do y'all think? As of today its 3 save situations versus 2 "needs work".

Trade him. ASAP for a batch of good baseball players/prospects. Hahn/KW can get a good haul for Robertson.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
LOL nobody will comment on the point I made in my post that Danks is the LEAST of the Sox problems. If he sucks, what is the word to describe Noesi and some of the god-awful relievers and No. 5 starters this team has had the past few years? Danks gives up 3 runs in 7 innings and sucks? I beg to differ.

You realize his statistics that say he isnt good arent based on one game right? I know how frightened you are with numbers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)

Actually, he's among the top of their problems. He's a waste of a roster spot, a waste of around 15 million dollars, and in today's MLB, an ERA over 5 means you are DFA material. THis isn't the steroid era where an ERA over 5 means you are a 5th starter. Check the 5th starters around league, most of them are no worse than 4.5 ERA, if that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
Trade him. ASAP for a batch of good baseball players/prospects. Hahn/KW can get a good haul for Robertson.

He'd be lucky to return a B level prospect. Nobody pays for closers and in this case "paying" would be getting a legit top 10 prospect from another org. Best they could do would be to foment a bidding war and get another A ball arm thrown in or maybe a MLB ready bullpen piece.

Remember when the org spun all that "we are loaded with SS/2B prospects"

LMAO. hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Sanchez has been awful I won't bother defending him but Micah as just as bad, expect in the field. This org can't develop talent for s***. I'm piling on but f*** it, it's time to pile on.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:31 AM)
He'd be lucky to return a B level prospect. Nobody pays for closers and in this case "paying" would be getting a legit top 10 prospect from another org. Best they could do would be to foment a bidding war and get another A ball arm thrown in or maybe a MLB ready bullpen piece.

Nobody wants David Robertson, arguably the best closer in the league??