Gamethread: White Sox vs Pirates 7:10 PM CSN+

Kyyle23

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
There's no arguably about it he's no where close.

I'm all for trading him, as he's worthless on this s*** team, but he won't get much. He'll get as much as Papelbon probably, which is a B level prospect and maybe another intriguing arm thrown in.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:37 AM)
There's no arguably about it he's no where close.

He's pretty special and if I'm a contender that needs a lockdown guy for the 9th or even the 8th, I trade for Robertson. Get on the phone, Hahn/KW.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
He's pretty special and if I'm a contender that needs a lockdown guy for the 9th or even the 8th, I trade for Robertson. Get on the phone, Hahn/KW.

Go ahead and name the last time a closer was traded for a big haul. I don't think you'll find a good example in the last 15 years.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 03:41 AM)
I'm all for trading him, as he's worthless on this s*** team, but he won't get much. He'll get as much as Papelbon probably, which is a B level prospect and maybe another intriguing arm thrown in.

His huge salary kills his value. Blue Jays or Nationals might be best fit. Can we trade him for Trea Turner?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 03:41 AM)

Who cares? You are no where near ready to win. Best case scenario is that by the time you are good enough, Robby's abilities have diminished. Get rid of anything you can (except Sale because these idiots will completely miss on all players they acquire for him) and start over again.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:41 AM)

I haven't studied the contenders and their needs, but hey, if u are a contender and you acquire Robertson, you suddenly are vying for best bullpen with the Royals. I'm assuming as a contender you have some other fairly decent arms in the pen as well. How bout the Dodgers? They need anybody late? What about the Giants? The Blue Jays? The Cardinals need a strong arm late? Anybody?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:43 AM)
Who cares? You are no where near ready to win. Best case scenario is that by the time you are good enough, Robby's abilities have diminished. Get rid of anything you can (except Sale because these idiots will completely miss on all players they acquire for him) and start over again.

The last 3 words of your post are perfect. "Start over again." That's all that needs to be said.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)

Do you read what you respond to? My first words "I'M ALL FOR TRADING HIM".

I'm talking down the inevitable "Hahn sucks because you didn't turn Robertson into Joey Gallo" post.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:46 AM)
Do you read what you respond to? My first words "I'M ALL FOR TRADING HIM".

I'm talking down the inevitable "Hahn sucks because you didn't turn Robertson into Joey Gallo" post.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm saying I could care less about what you get back. If you can get all (or even most) of that contract off of your hands, you do it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 03:46 AM)
The last 3 words of your post are perfect. "Start over again." That's all that needs to be said.

Problem is if you really want to rebuild, then Sale/Quintana/Abreu need to be traded. By the time a rebuilding team would be ready to compete, their contracts will almost be up. There are too many crappy players in the organization to get enough prospects to make a rebuild work well

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:48 AM)
Problem is if you really want to rebuild, then Sale/Quintana/Abreu need to be traded. By the time a rebuilding team would be ready to compete, their contracts will almost be up. There are too many crappy players in the organization to get enough prospects to make a rebuild work well

I'm al for trading these guys at this point, I don't think this team is remotely close to competing. Having said that, I dont want these guys traded until Hahn, KW, Buddy Bell, Marco Paddy (and his pet Nestor Molina) are all gone and someone slighly competent is brought in.

1) White Sox are basically always on the wrong side of umpire's determinations/interpretations.

2) Danks battled.

3) The team didn't completely give up, so there's that.

4) Nobody can understand or figure out why they're doing so poorly in the 1st inning.

Post-game summary from Ventura.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)

I can't with all can't miss trades over the winter months that they put the a team on the field that still can't score runs or field. One move is to call up Micah so he can be in the lineup when we go home.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
Hitting coach, ventura, all of them need to be gone now.

Then KW and Rick Yawn better hope that miraculously changes things.

Otherwise there time is on the horizon.

Rick Yawn?

Not quite up to the standard of Ronald Blow-a-savio last year, but not too bad.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:51 PM)
1) White Sox are basically always on the wrong side of umpire's determinations/interpretations.

2) Danks battled.

3) The team didn't completely give up, so there's that.

4) Nobody can understand or figure out why they're doing so poorly in the 1st inning.

Post-game summary from Ventura.

Robin we're bad in the 1st

Were also bad in the rest of the innings also.

Edited by harkness

Well, exactly 7 years ago, we beat the Pirates 16-5 (Nate Snell took the loss) and were leading the AL Central by 4 games.

Dye, Cabrera, Thome and Crede all homered.

Remember when we could actually hit home runs, especially at USCF?

39-32 record.

Edited by caulfield12