Gamethread: White Sox vs Pirates 7:10 PM CSN+

Kyyle23

Say what you want about Danks ... He's the LEAST of this lousy team's problems. I for one respect the guy coming back from injury. He's an OK pitcher in my book. The eye test tells me he competes. I don't give a s*** what stats say about Danks.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 01:54 AM)
Say what you want about Danks ... He's the LEAST of this lousy team's problems. I for one respect the guy coming back from injury. He's an OK pitcher in my book. The eye test tells me he competes. I don't give a s*** what stats say about Danks.

He's awful, nothing more needs to be said

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)

You must be blinder than Mr. Magoo if he passes your eye test.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:55 AM)
He's awful, nothing more needs to be said

He's not "awful." I'll list some awful pitchers. He's not one of them. Fathom I'm surprised you don't respect the guy for battling out there.

His stuff is NOT trash. A lot of pitchers are trash. His stuff on occasion is better than average. He competes like HELL out there. I'll say it again. He's the LEAST of this team's problems and if everybody competed as he did the Sox might be in second place instead of the embarrassment of the AL.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
You must be blinder than Mr. Magoo if he passes your eye test.

What do you see when you see Danks? The guy f***ing competes. What do people expect from Danks? The guy gives his all and often has good results.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
What do you see when you see Danks? The guy f***ing competes. What do people expect from Danks? The guy gives his all and often has good results.

He may very well give his all.

However since his injury issues his results have been not so great.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 03:02 AM)
He's not "awful." I'll list some awful pitchers. He's not one of them. Fathom I'm surprised you don't respect the guy for battling out there.

His stuff is NOT trash. A lot of pitchers are trash. His stuff on occasion is better than average. He competes like HELL out there. I'll say it again. He's the LEAST of this team's problems and if everybody competed as he did the Sox might be in second place instead of the embarrassment of the AL.

He's one of the worst starters in baseball the last 3 years. He's the textbook definition of an awful starter

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
He may very well give his all.

However since his injury issues his results have been not so great.

Seriously Greg is acting like Danks is 7 years old and playing baseball for fun

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
Why in the hell is Sanchez being allowed to bat in that situation? I think I would rather see Samardzija

Why is he still here is the question. Why is Flowers still here? Why is Bonifacio? These guys make Bill James cry before he goes to sleep

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 03:16 AM)
Why is he still here is the question. Why is Flowers still here? Why is Bonifacio? These guys make Bill James cry before he goes to sleep

Bonifacio should be DFA and Thompson called up

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
Why in the hell is Sanchez being allowed to bat in that situation? I think I would rather see Samardzija

Reason why is Sox have no interest in getting a 3rd run.