flavum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)
if the sox actually care about winning, they'd put danks on the 60 day and just let him collect dust for the rest of the year

Just to say again...the MLBPA would never allow this.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
It's not like we have a former top prospect who is dominating AAA once again and appears to be ready for another big league opportunity.

As I said yesterday...give him time down there. Some of the things we have heard suggest that a big part of his struggles last year were mental-driven, so giving him time to fully have his confidence together is not a bad thing.

It's not like EJ is going to "Save this season".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)

Honestly, just throw his ass in the bullpen. See if he gains a couple MPH on his fastball if used in short stints. If not, then you simply DFA him and eat the money. At this point, we have to accept the fact other teams will not view him as a major league starter. No reason to keep trotting him out there every 5 days when a better internal option is available IMO.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)

He gets paid either way. That is all Danks cares about anyway.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
Honestly, just throw his ass in the bullpen. See if he gains a couple MPH on his fastball if used in short stints. If not, then you simply DFA him and eat the money. At this point, we have to accept the fact other teams will not view him as a major league starter. No reason to keep trotting him out there every 5 days when a better internal option is available IMO.

I have no major issue with that, but note that we don't need to be rushing with EJ and suggest being patient with him is a particularly good idea.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 07:47 PM)
As I said yesterday...give him time down there. Some of the things we have heard suggest that a big part of his struggles last year were mental-driven, so giving him time to fully have his confidence together is not a bad thing.

It's not like EJ is going to "Save this season".

It's not about saving the season, it's about having an extended look at him against major league hitters. We need to know what we have in him and the larger the sample the more confident we'll feel.

We're clearly going to have to move some pitching this offseason to fix our offense, whether it's a major league piece or prospects, and I know I'd feel a lot better about moving pitching if I felt Johnson could hold the #4 spot quite effectively.