2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 01:37 PM)
Game 6s played under Coach Q:

2009 v CGY: 4-1 W

2009 v VAN: 7-5 W

2010 v NSH: 5-3 W

2010 v VAN: 5-1 W

2010 v PHI: 4-3 W

2011 v VAN: 4-3 W

2012 v PHO: 4-0 L

2013 v DET: 4-3 W

2013 v BOS: 3-2 W

2014 v STL: 5-1 W

2014 v MIN: 2-1 W

2014 v LAK: 4-3 W

2015 v NSH: 4-3 W

2015 v ANA: 5-2 W

2015 v TB: 2-0 W

I know it has zero bearing on tommorrow's game, but that's still such a crazy stat. 14-1 in game 6s.

2016 v STL: 6- 3 W

15-1 in game 6s. Amazing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 23, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
You are talking about Gage, right? I think hewas the only positive one after game 4.

Just because someone's positive doesn't mean they're a "die hard." My dad passed me my tickets that he had since 1996. I was a bit pessimistic but who wasn't? They went down 3-1 and lost 2 games at home.

Anyway, I won't get into this. We all want this team to be great. I don't care if you started following hockey at birth or in 2010. Let's all just hope they kick some more ass on Monday.

BTW, I'm cheering for a Wild win tomorrow. This way game 1 of the next series doesn't interfere with the NFL draft on Thursday ;)

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 23, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)
Just because someone's positive doesn't mean they're a "die hard." My dad passed me my tickets that he had since 1996. I was a bit pessimistic but who wasn't? They went down 3-1 and lost 2 games at home.

Anyway, I won't get into this. We all want this team to be great. I don't care if you started following hockey at birth or in 2010. Let's all just hope they kick some more ass on Monday.

BTW, I'm cheering for a Wild win tomorrow. This way game 1 of the next series doesn't interfere with the NFL draft on Thursday ;)

Dude, it was a joke. Chisoxfn has 10 total posts in this thread but after game 4 he said trust the Hawks because they have been here before while we were arguing the 2017 salary cap.

We were all negative, how could you not be? The Blues has been the better team at that point. Now, it doesn'tmatter, game 7, anything can happen.

Can anyone confirm what Hitchcock said to Pierre during his in-game interview? According to my dad, he said "we like playing here, but this is a different animal." Of course, I couldn't hear so he told me this via text messaging. The guy is 66 years old and texting isn't his thing.

Did he mean:

Hitchcock said "we like playing here" but he wasn't prepared for that crowd

Or did Hitchcock actually say that?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
Can anyone confirm what Hitchcock said to Pierre during his in-game interview? According to my dad, he said "we like playing here, but this is a different animal." Of course, I couldn't hear so he told me this via text messaging. The guy is 66 years old and texting isn't his thing.

Did he mean:

That is a legitimate soundbite. And I think he was referring to the whole situation. Crowd energy, opponent energy. All of it.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
This is where the NHL has a problem. Washington was just called a 4 minute high sticking penalty against the Flyers. Problem is, it was a Flyer teammate that got the stick in the face, not the Caps. But no review, and the PP went on. That needs to be reviewed, not some ticky tac offsides play that happened 30 seconds before a goal is scored.

I don't have any issue with that. The NFL does reviews of ticky tac TD's that the RB jumps over the pile and the ball may or may not have crossed the plane of the goal line by a centimeter, if that.

I do agree however that penalties should be reviewed. I think offsides and penalties should be able to.

FWIW, I also believe that DOG penalties shouldn't be penalties. Those should be treated just as icing is- not allowed to change and the draw comes down near the opposing goalie.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)

Did he mean:

He said something along the lines of "we have fun playing here but this is a different animal." Basically we enjoy the atmosphere but this is above and beyond the usual.

This is where the NHL has a problem. Washington was just called a 4 minute high sticking penalty against the Flyers. Problem is, it was a Flyer teammate that got the stick in the face, not the Caps. But no review, and the PP went on. That needs to be reviewed, not some ticky tac offsides play that happened 30 seconds before a goal is scored.

I think all major sports, especially aerobic ones should have a live replay official to confer with when something is close. Would save so much time.

I agree with your sentiment about called penalties. For the most part, referees normally get the call right (except for when they miss a penalty, but you can't review that since gameplay continues after the missed penalty). Since the refs normally get the call right, situations like this will not be very common. It will be nice for the NHL to have the ability to review controversial penalties like that in their back pocket. I'm all about getting the call right.

That being said, I wholeheartedly disagree that offsides before a goal is ticky tac. Perhaps if you compare it to an undeserved power play, yeah it might seem ticky tac. But an uncalled offsides before a goal is actually worse. It's an undeserved goal. Even with an undeserved power play, teams can and will kill some of those penalties. You can't take back an undeserved goal without giving the coaches the ability to ask the refs to review factors like that. The only part I dislike about it is that it takes time to review and can disrupt the flow of the game! But, NHL players are the best in the world and while some may complain, I don't think reviewing a play disrupts the game any more than a TV timeout.

Back to the topic of the series here, I'm not sure if it's been discussed, but Blues fans are furious about the lack of ice time Tarasenko is getting. Apparently, Tarasenko is pretty pissed too....

From a Blues fan somewhere:

G1 (OT): 18:30 (#6 among STL forwards)

G2: 16:05

G3: 16:33

G4: 15:14

G5 (2OT): 21:28 (#7 among STL forwards)

G6: 16:56

I guess he's not even in the top 5 of average ice time per game among the Blues forwards. Pretty pathetic coaching, if you ask me. I'm not complaining because he's been a beast this series. Keep it like that for one more game.

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (South Sider @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Back to the topic of the series here, I'm not sure if it's been discussed, but Blues fans are furious about the lack of ice time Tarasenko is getting. Apparently, Tarasenko is pretty pissed too....

From a Blues fan somewhere:

I guess he's not even in the top 5 of average ice time per game among the Blues forwards. Pretty pathetic coaching, if you ask me. I'm not complaining because he's been a beast this series. Keep it like that for one more game.

My only idea is that he realized things went badly very fast for his team, and he's prepared to play Backes, Tarasenko, Lehtera, etc 25+ minutes on Monday. The only reason I think that is because, IIRC, no Blue played over 20 minutes yesterday in terms of forwards. That's pretty uncommon.