Crazy Trade Deadline Predictions

Chisoxfn

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the rundown, they mentioned Chicago and Colorado as a match for Tulo or CarGo. CarGo is much more likely. Just funny he mentioned us as match and mentioned Tim Anderson. I wouldn't be happy with moving Andersom for Cargo. Honestly I don't have much interest in Tulo. Always hurt and still has a f***ing gigantic contract. Whereas, Cargo has 2 for $37 left. That's quite a bit for 2 years but I wouldn't mind nabbing him and having him split RF and DH. Wonder if a Garcia, Montas package is enticing to them at all.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
As much as I love Q, the time maybe now or offseason to move him if we can add a true impact bat.

Sure, but Kyle Schwarber isn't that guy (by himself). You're falling into the trap, bro.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
On the rundown, they mentioned Chicago and Colorado as a match for Tulo or CarGo. CarGo is much more likely. Just funny he mentioned us as match and mentioned Tim Anderson. I wouldn't be happy with moving Andersom for Cargo. Honestly I don't have much interest in Tulo. Always hurt and still has a f***ing gigantic contract. Whereas, Cargo has 2 for $37 left. That's quite a bit for 2 years but I wouldn't mind nabbing him and having him split RF and DH. Wonder if a Garcia, Montas package is enticing to them at all.

Unless the Rockies are picking up almost all of that contract, Cargo would be a horrible deal for the White Sox. Tulo, we can talk about.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)

Last three years away from Coors Gonzalez has a .759 OPS and a .309 OBP. Hard pass, especially given the contract, injury history, and possibly giving up a pretty good prospect.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
Unless the Rockies are picking up almost all of that contract, Cargo would be a horrible deal for the White Sox. Tulo, we can talk about.

Tulo who makes like $20 million you can talk about. Who is hurt a lot. Has played 86 games.

But you dismiss Cargo and his 2 yr $37 million. He's hurt a lot too but has played 88 games this season. CarGo fits a need and can move Avi as part of the deal maybe.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
Last three years away from Coors Gonzalez has a .759 OPS and a .309 OBP. Hard pass, especially given the contract, injury history, and possibly giving up a pretty good prospect.

What if it was Avi and Montas for CarGo. Still no?

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
Tulo who makes like $20 million you can talk about. Who is hurt a lot. Has played 86 games.

But you dismiss Cargo and his 2 yr $37 million. He's hurt a lot too but has played 88 games this season. CarGo fits a need and can move Avi as part of the deal maybe.

Wonder if Tulo moving to the DH spot would help with the health thing.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Quintana is worth Schwarber plus two or three more interesting pieces.

If Quintana were on any team other than the White Sox, he would be an All-Star twice by now.

Because of his win total alone lol. He'd have better run support and would have a lot more wins.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)

I didn't realize how bad his last few years had been either. Ugh. No way on both unless there is a lot of cash coming our way.

A LOT.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)

I don't understand how moving Avi as part of any deal would somehow entice another team. As for CarGo, I was a proponent of acquiring him before, and the Sox still have a desperate need for an OF/DH, as there is nothing at all in the minor league pipeline. But at this point, he'd have to come at a steep discount (no one of significance prospect-wise going to Colorado).

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
I don't understand how moving Avi as part of any deal would somehow entice another team. As for CarGo, I was a proponent of acquiring him before, and the Sox still have a desperate need for an OF/DH, as there is nothing at all in the minor league pipeline. But at this point, he'd have to come at a steep discount (no one of significance prospect-wise going to Colorado).

If the White Sox still have Avi in their org it's going to be hard to upgrade their corner OF slots because they're not likely to send him back to AAA and he's a major weakness right now. He's still worth giving playing time to, but not if you're trying to compete. If you could move him somewhere else, you don't have to worry about hurting him by benching him and he could still have opportunities to try to improve his game as an everyday player.

My CarGo idea was just floated because I was trying to think of a realistic bat we could go get. And it would be up Kennys ally to go get CarGo. I'm not saying give up the farm for him nor take on all his contract. COL is going to have to eat most of it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
I didn't realize how bad his last few years had been either. Ugh. No way on both unless there is a lot of cash coming our way.

A LOT.

Oh I looked it all up while floating the idea. Tulo has a f***ing brinks truck coming his way.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
So he's still good away from Coors, but obviously not as good. FWIW, his home BA/OBP is .321/.394, and away it's .277/.349.

And as always, add in the usually caveat that almost all hitters home/road splits became wacky when they play for the Rockies. Neither CarGo nor Tulo are as good as their home splits, but they can't simply be judged by taking them out of the equation and going only off road stats either.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
So he's still good away from Coors, but obviously not as good. FWIW, his home BA/OBP is .321/.394, and away it's .277/.349.

The problem of course with any Coors person is that lots of guys naturally play better in their home park anyway, and you also might see a different approach from him if he wasn't hitting in Coors regularly. Matt Holliday's OPS while at Coors was .938, while it's been .888 with the Cardinals after a down year in Oakland, and his time in STL has been while he's been in his 30s. So it's definitely hard to read how these guys will play when you take the coors effect away, it's not as simple as "he'd just play like he does on the road".

Here is an off the wall and totally unrealistic idea:

Avi, Micah and Danks to SD (maybe throw in another low-level lottery ticket)

Shields and Justin Upton to the Sox

Sox then flip Shark to Toronto for Pentecost and Hoffman

Edited by ChiSox59