Crazy Trade Deadline Predictions

Chisoxfn

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
Danks.

I don't know if I'd be excited or worried if we swapped Ethier and Danks. Ethier is locked in longer term, but fortunately not when Sale, Q or Abreu are up.

I do think that EJ and Ethier would improve the team this year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
I don't know if I'd be excited or worried if we swapped Ethier and Danks. Ethier is locked in longer term, but fortunately not when Sale, Q or Abreu are up.

I do think that EJ and Ethier would improve the team this year.

I don't know if EJ would be better then Danks but I do think Ethier's bat is an upgrade and EJ very well might be an upgrade either way. I do not think the deal would just be Danks for Ethier or Crawford though. Clearly cash would have to come to the White Sox. Maybe instead the Sox would take on the cash but ask for other players to come back but I don't know that the Dodger are that desperate.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)
It would be interesting to talk to Guerrero of the Dodgers and see if a trade were executed, if you could get him to wave his free agency/release clause in his contract in exchange for a reasonable assurance of playing time.

Yep. I am extremely interested in Guerrero as a sweetner and think he'd be a nice long-term fit (low risk with some high potential upside). Given our track record with cuban players, it might help and clearly we have playing time available at some positions he could fit in. I heard on the local radio yesterday that he is supposedly open to it.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)
It pains me but I'm going to through this out there: blockbuster deal with us keeping Shark and re-signing him in Free Agency.

LAD get Quintana, Anderson, Montas

CWS get Puig, Seager, Urias

I would do that deal in a heartbeat, but I very much doubt the Dodgers do. Plus it is pretty rare when two teams are trading their top prospects in a deal between each other (yes each team is also giving up major league pieces). If we were really lucky, we'd be able to deal Q and a reliever (maybe just Q but I doubt it) for Puig + (and by + I mean a Guerrero or a Barnes).

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
It pains me but I'm going to through this out there: blockbuster deal with us keeping Shark and re-signing him in Free Agency.

LAD get Quintana, Anderson, Montas

CWS get Puig, Seager, Urias

Now thats the type of deal I'd be fine trading Q in. Plus, I like the idea of flipping Anderson in a bigger deal. Sox need a strong defensive infield, and while Anderson is still young and raw, I doubt that defense is ever going to a strength of his game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
I would do that deal in a heartbeat, but I very much doubt the Dodgers do. Plus it is pretty rare when two teams are trading their top prospects in a deal between each other (yes each team is also giving up major league pieces). If we were really lucky, we'd be able to deal Q and a reliever (maybe just Q but I doubt it) for Puig + (and by + I mean a Guerrero or a Barnes).

I was trying to look at it from both sides and make it fair. Really tried to be unbiased.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)

Forget Seager and Urias.

If we want anyone back, like Puig + Guerrero (and salary relief) and/or Barnes, we're going to have to give something else up besides Quintana (but not to the level of Montas/Anderson, who of course would be the players they're most interested in).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
Sox acquire:

Yasiel Puig

Austin Barnes

Blayne Weller

Diamondbacks acquire:

Tyler Flowers

Chris Hatcher

Dodgers acquire:

Cody Regis

Frank Montas

Micah Johnson

Tyler Danish

Erik Johnson

Why does a team gunning for the world series trade from its major league roster (Puig and technically Barnes) without getting a major league piece back? Only way the Sox get Puig (without including Sale / Q) is as a 3rd team in a deal where the Dodgers get the front line pitcher that they want (and at this point, I have no idea who that is).