Trade Winds is Officially Open

Chisoxfn

We open it up right around the trade deadline specifically for rumors, etc. It gets closed again when the rumors die down (typically sometime in August...given their tends to be a lot of news around waiver moves...that said, we'll see what is going on with the Sox and then make that call). I don't see Sox making a lot of waiver deals, although I would presume that Alexei / LaRoche / Danks would be potential candidates.

Levine really seems to think that Samardzija is going to be moved really soon. I am not so sure though, seeing that we may not be able to get anything better than the value of the compensatory pick if we kept him and let him leave in the off season.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:40 AM)
Levine really seems to think that Samardzija is going to be moved really soon. I am not so sure though, seeing that we may not be able to get anything better than the value of the compensatory pick if we kept him and let him leave in the off season.

If you get a guy closer to the big leagues who has already done something in the minors...that to me is better than the value of the comp pick. At least you've seen him outside of high school/college.

Everyone who is PM-ing me. I havent been all that into the rumors/info this season so I'll try to get back to you, but as of now I dont have much to say and I'll report it in the threads. I just want to make sure nobody is insulted I havent gotten back to them and my box is almost full.

• 5 weeks later...
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
If you get a guy closer to the big leagues who has already done something in the minors...that to me is better than the value of the comp pick. At least you've seen him outside of high school/college.

I agree with shipps...I can't see getting very much value back. I'd stick with the pick...