Non White Sox Rumors

Chisoxfn

So Cashner/Ross/Shields are the big pitching names right now, other than Price/Hamels?

The Yankees could really use Hamels to solidify their playoff chances, but do they have the minor league pieces?

Cardinals one of the few teams in baseball that can survive so many injuries...due to their farm system.

Red Sox were really interested in Zach Wheeler, fwiw.

Boston also hoping to deal Napoli...who's an 805 OPS guy against LHP.

From 2012-2014, an 851 OPS against LHP. Good match for the White Sox there?

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 07:56 PM)
s*** is going DOWN tonight.

Quiet now.

Everyone's still wondering what the hell happened with the Gomez deal and who will come up with the best package for David Price...Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Astros, Blue Jays, etc.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tige...dline/30856131/

Love the optimism in Detroit, with a big picture of Urias as their headline story with the trade deadline approaching.

It's hard to blame them with Price/Cespedes and even Soria capable of fetching a lot....and Rajai Davis and Avila will draw some offers as well.

Must sting for Alex's dad in their front office to see his son auctioned off, but it's part of the business.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
Huh? the DBacks are buying? I know I was busy today but when did that happen?

Pretty sure they're the second hottest team in baseball. Buying seems dumb though. They're not even top-three in their own division (SD about to pass them). As a D'Backs fan, I'm confused by wanting Chapman.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
Pretty sure they're the second hottest team in baseball. Buying seems dumb though. They're not even top-three in their own division (SD about to pass them). As a D'Backs fan, I'm confused by wanting Chapman.

SOB, they're literally right where we are. I have no idea when or how that happened.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
SOB, they're literally right where we are. I have no idea when or how that happened.

They're on a nice stretch. Tomas has helped a lot. Still wish we signed him; he and Abreu would be quite the duo.

QUOTE (elwood5892 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:39 PM)
@ChrisCotillo: A rough outline of what a deal could look like: Ross, Kimbrel to HOU. Marisnick, Appel, prospects to SD. Again, unclear if deal is close.

Houston and San Diego working on something apparently

The Angels are now 2 games behind Houston again...they might be rethinking their much smaller, under the radar set of moves to patch their offense this week.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 12:43 AM)
The Angels are now 2 games behind Houston again...they might be rethinking their much smaller, under the radar set of moves to patch their offense this week.

Yeah I think the Angels are going to have to make some kind of move after everything that Houston has done to keep up.