Official Buyers Thread

Chicago White Sox

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
He's a AAAA SS. Precursor to a SS trade?

If this move is legit, I really don't see why the hell valuable time would be wasted talking to teams about AAAA fodder like this unless there was something real that might be going down that this move can relate to in some way.

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
If the Sox are going to deal with Detroit for Cespedes, I don't think Detroit will get a very good return. I'm talking maybe 1 or 2 ok-ish prospects. Not much to worry about helping them rebuild.

I'm thinking the tigers can fetch a decent return for Cespedes. A return the Sox are not willing to part with to their division rivals.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
I'm thinking the tigers can fetch a decent return for Cespedes. A return the Sox are not willing to part with to their division rivals.

That's correct. I agree with your assertion that they could get a nice return, but I don't think it will be from the Sox. I think Cespedes was just a name floated out there, as I'm sure at this point with such little time left, the Sox are turning over every rock and looking at every possibility.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Love Cespedes' power, but would like someone who walks more than 5% of the time. Our lineup is inpatient as hell as is.

Our lineup is impatient with no power, so i'll take an upgrade where I can get it.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
This is from @devanfink retweeted by Chris Cotillo and is being lit up on Twitter for being a kid and not a real reporter so who knows. Especially these days after what happened to the poor met last night

Chris Cotillo is a kid (maybe 20), but he is a legit baseball reporter. He's been doing it for a couple years now and breaks stuff regularly. Don't know Devan Fink.