Official Buyers Thread

Chicago White Sox

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
Our lineup is impatient with no power, so i'll take an upgrade where I can get it.

Royals have more or less proven you don't need power to score runs.

But yeah I'd take Cespedes at the right price, but I think there are better options out there AND the Tigers will be asking for more than we're willing to part with.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)
If true, it's just an org. depth move. No reason to think the guy would be on our 25-man.

They've lost saladino and garcia, and the sox would have anderson next in line. Makes sense they would buy someone for Charlotte to help them get to playoffs in new stadium.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
I know you were kidding, but that SoxNet account mentioned that too for some reason. Just because player so and so isn't in a lineup in late July, way too many people feel a need to make it out to mean something other than most baseball players don't play 162 games a year.

Kris Bryant also out of the line up tonight!!!111!!

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
That's correct. I agree with your assertion that they could get a nice return, but I don't think it will be from the Sox. I think Cespedes was just a name floated out there, as I'm sure at this point with such little time left, the Sox are turning over every rock and looking at every possibility.

Well said and I could not agree more.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
In fairness to the 14 year old, it is so oddly specific and inconsequential that you have to think he didn't pull it out of thin air.

Chris Cotillo did report it earlier that he was likely to be traded.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
Chris Cotillo did report it earlier that he was likely to be traded.

Why is there so much reporting on this guy? He's a minor leaguer yet these two insiders are up-to-date with his rumors... funny how Nightengale/Rosenthal etc. have been breaking news on big names, while these two guys are reporting on Justin Sellers.