You want crazy...

Chisoxfn

By the way, I'm not saying I want it, I'm just wondering if the Jays ultimately made the grab for Tulo with the intend on moving him again (maybe they didn't...hell if I know). They obviously paid a steep enough price that they would have to feel comfortable either way (moving him or keeping him).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
By the way, I'm not saying I want it, I'm just wondering if the Jays ultimately made the grab for Tulo with the intend on moving him again (maybe they didn't...hell if I know). They obviously paid a steep enough price that they would have to feel comfortable either way (moving him or keeping him).

I thought orginally when they made the trade that was their intentions but after including Reyes in the trade, as well as having a pressed announcing the trade I'm pretty sure they are keeping him. Which is fine with me, he's good and all but on the decline, and he def won't last on that turf.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
Not sure I'd want Tulo though with that contract and injury history, plus he's about to be on the wrong side of 30.

He's the best shortstop in baseball, a superstar, in his prime, on both sides of the ball, with a market-rate contract, putting up a >800 OPS in what's considered a "down season." Yes, there are warts like with anyone else, but you're missing the forest for the trees if you pass on him. I would definitely have taken him and his full contract.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
But White Sox acquire Tulo and give pitching to the Jays. Not applying any logic, just going crazy used car salesman style here.

Now that one actually makes a ton of sense. I don't know what I think about it, as I would need to see details, but on the surface it makes a ton of sense for both.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
Now that one actually makes a ton of sense. I don't know what I think about it, as I would need to see details, but on the surface it makes a ton of sense for both.

Yeah, I struggled to think what would make sense. Would the Jays have given up all that for Shark, I doubt it. Clearly Alexei would go in any deal (and yes he'd be a downgrade over either of their SS's). Would Q for Tulo make sense? Talent wise, absolutely, but factoring in contract, I wouldn't do it. That said, Tulo's deal isn't horrific, in fact, it would be good if he could stay on the field (but he can't). So would Tulo for Shark, Alexei, and prospects work...I still don't know cause the Jays clearly wouldn't need prospects, they are looking to contend.

At the same time, this would be a deal between 2 teams directly competing for each other (again, which makes no sense). Like I said, crazy thoughts, but hey, who knows.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:22 AM)
Yeah, I struggled to think what would make sense. Would the Jays have given up all that for Shark, I doubt it. Clearly Alexei would go in any deal (and yes he'd be a downgrade over either of their SS's). Would Q for Tulo make sense? Talent wise, absolutely, but factoring in contract, I wouldn't do it. That said, Tulo's deal isn't horrific, in fact, it would be good if he could stay on the field (but he can't). So would Tulo for Shark, Alexei, and prospects work...I still don't know cause the Jays clearly wouldn't need prospects, they are looking to contend.

At the same time, this would be a deal between 2 teams directly competing for each other (again, which makes no sense). Like I said, crazy thoughts, but hey, who knows.

For all the reasons you mention, this is pure fantasy talk with no chance of actually happening. Nonetheless, fun! I don't think the Samardzija package would get it done, but I wouldn't say no right away if Quintana's name came up.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)
He's the best shortstop in baseball, a superstar, in his prime, on both sides of the ball, with a market-rate contract, putting up a >800 OPS in what's considered a "down season." Yes, there are warts like with anyone else, but you're missing the forest for the trees if you pass on him. I would definitely have taken him and his full contract.

It's really not Tulo's production that's ever in question. The question is whether he can stay on the field or not and that's been a big issue for the majority of his career. He's only managed to reach 125 games played in 5 of his 9 full seasons (assuming he gets there this year).

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
I do get the feeling that the Sox are going to pull off some crazy trade along these lines that will have us saying... Wow didnt see that one coming! Someone we probably havent even mentioned yet.

Mike Trout?!?

I do get the feeling that the Sox are going to pull off some crazy trade along these lines that will have us saying... Wow didnt see that one coming! Someone we probably havent even mentioned yet.

With Kenny in charge, I would guess Ichiro Suzuki!

I really hope so but I think this deadline has the makings of a downer. There is really nothing out there connected to us. I think we stand pat and see how year one of the the "3-year plan" works out. Maybe something minor but I think it's going to be dull for us.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)

Who would play SS for the Jays?

Homer Bailey for Dye!