8/5 vs TB Rays

flavum

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Rodon had like 82 pitches....now we act like it's the 7th game of the World Series instead of letting him learn how to pitch through it?

Sigh.

Typical White Sox.

I agree. Worrying about a mythical wildcard berth rather than developing a young pitcher.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
Maybe it's just that the Sox could use a win and Rodon is STILL on an innings limit.

At the rate he's going he might not even reach 150, and there will be concerns about pushing him up to 200 ip next year.

Zach Putnam in...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
I'm just looking forward to next February's articles about how LaRoche is ready to put last year behind him and how is he has come into camp looking "fresh and ready to go".

In the best shape of his life....

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
Albers was up in the 2nd inning. I think there is more to it than playing like they can't afford another loss.

You're probably right. Doug Padilla tweeted something about how they want him to use his improved defense rather than trying to strike everyone out

Farmer was convinced he didn't tag him.

Fortunate Longoria didn't break for home.....Abreu pretty much left 1b uncovered there. That could have been a disaster with a runner scoring and the go-ahead runner at second.

Abreu has to learn he needs to stay put.

Guess they didn't follow DJs plan for a morning workout on backing up throws and proper relays.....forgot rundowns as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
LOL. I guess whatever players do in the minors is pointless then?

In a word? Yes.

Stats-mongering has always been one of baseball's charming quirks, but there has to be a some limit Look at virtually all other pro sports. From soccer to basketball. Noone in their right mind would use NCAA or NBADL numbers to make definitive projections.

Scout the player, not the stats, to the best of your ability. Simple as that. This is why Tyler Saladino and Dustin Pedroia will have stellar careers in the bigs, while BP session monsters like Joe Borchard and Brooks Kieshniek are teh fails.

Edited by L. Ron Paultard