2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
Seriously...we are going to unify the team by bringing in Russell. I wanted Russell up until what he pulled.

Russell wouldn't be brought in to lead, he would be brought in to play. The guy is 19 years old, he did a dumbass thing. Acting like he is some pariah in the locker room because he filmed a teammate admitting he cheated on Iggy Azalia is funny to me

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
Russell wouldn't be brought in to lead, he would be brought in to play. The guy is 19 years old, he did a dumbass thing. Acting like he is some pariah in the locker room because he filmed a teammate admitting he cheated on Iggy Azalia is funny to me

Agreed. I love how the cheating asshole is getting a big pass here.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 02:22 PM)
Agreed. I love how the cheating asshole is getting a big pass here.

The outrage is hilarious. I like how guys like Stephen A Smith are citing a prison code for what happens in real life.

Id literally give anything for Russell, hes a future stud and the Lakers have done nothing but f*** with him and surround him with crap.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
Even Butler?

So fast before the Lakers came to their senses.

This guy is potentially a top 5 player in the league in a couple of years.

He is a 19 year old kid who made a mistake. Crucifying him is absolutely ridiculous.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 08:26 AM)

He is a 19 year old kid who made a mistake. Crucifying him is absolutely ridiculous.

But you know in prison, "snitches get stitches"

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 08:26 AM)

Is Russell even that good? I know he is young and has lots of potential, but Butler is an already established star.

I would trade anyone on the team besides Jimmy for him.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
Is Russell even that good? I know he is young and has lots of potential, but Butler is an already established star.

I'd trade Butler for Hibbert, Russell and their top pick this year. (HIbbert to make the cap room work)

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)

Butler isn't a star. He's very good, but not a star.

I'd trade Butler for Russell, Hibbert and their top pick like 2k suggested.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
Butler isn't a star. He's very good, but not a star.

I'd trade Butler for Russell, Hibbert and their top pick like 2k suggested.

Jimmy Butler is a star player in this league, very clearly. He isn't a superstar player, but he is one of the best two way players in the game today.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
Jimmy Butler is a star player in this league, very clearly. He isn't a superstar player, but he is one of the best two way players in the game today.

I think thats what SP18 was trying to say. He is not untouchable, especially for a player with Russells talent level

Don't Philly get the Lakers pick if it isn't top 3?

I also think the Lakers can't trade 1st rounders in consecutive years, and they owed one next year to Philly via Orlando from memory.

I think the Magic would offer Oladipo and their 1st rounder to start a discussion FWIW.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)

but if the bulls will rebuild, the bulls will need to make some hard trades, even fan fav's to get players and picks who are young and talented.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
BullsKickAss

‏@Bullskickass

Lets all remember that this front office never makes trades so you don't have to worry about them trading Butler.

The Bulls traded Hinrich. So there

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 05:59 AM)
The outrage is hilarious. I like how guys like Stephen A Smith are citing a prison code for what happens in real life.

Id literally give anything for Russell, hes a future stud and the Lakers have done nothing but f*** with him and surround him with crap.

I'm not defending Young but I'd be pissed if someone secretly recorded a conversation I had with them on anything. Completely pissed. To do it in the lockeroom and than have it leaked is even worse. In no way am I defending Young. Cheating scumbag and he'll get what he's deserved but Russell f***ed up royally too and should never have secretly recorded a conversation between two people in the lockeroom. That violates all code of the lockeroom.

I can only imagine how everyone would be ripping LaRoche or Eaton if he had done something similar. I was watching an NFL show yesterday and every single player (black, white, defense, oline, etc)...this included hall of famer Jerome Bettis (plus Jeff Saturday and a few others) and they all absolutely ripped Russel and said if that happened in there lockeroom, things would have been much worse than the Lakers shunning him, but beyond that, you would never ever trust the player again (and that isn't just on the Lakers, no player will have that trust because it has been violated).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/26289...mistry-problems

Jimmay and Hoiball aren't friends

Fred Trestman is gonna get Butler traded. This season is the gift that keeps on giving

I sure hope not. if we want to trade Butler, we better be getting some serious talent in return. It seems like Butler is the most vocal, but the below stood out to me. I don't think Jimmy is in the minority and I also don't see anything Hoiberg has done this year which would give me confidence in his ability to be a successful NBA head coach. I'd agree he wasn't put in the best position to succeed, but this team, even with injuries, should be a playoff team.

News of unrest in Chicago comes on the heels of ESPN's Chris Broussard (h/t Dan Feldman of NBC Sports' Pro Basketball Talk) reporting, "A lot of them [bulls players] don’t believe in Fred Hoiberg right now. It’s just as simple as that."

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)
I'm not defending Young but I'd be pissed if someone secretly recorded a conversation I had with them on anything. Completely pissed. To do it in the lockeroom and than have it leaked is even worse. In no way am I defending Young. Cheating scumbag and he'll get what he's deserved but Russell f***ed up royally too and should never have secretly recorded a conversation between two people in the lockeroom. That violates all code of the lockeroom.

I can only imagine how everyone would be ripping LaRoche or Eaton if he had done something similar. I was watching an NFL show yesterday and every single player (black, white, defense, oline, etc)...this included hall of famer Jerome Bettis (plus Jeff Saturday and a few others) and they all absolutely ripped Russel and said if that happened in there lockeroom, things would have been much worse than the Lakers shunning him, but beyond that, you would never ever trust the player again (and that isn't just on the Lakers, no player will have that trust because it has been violated).

The NFL guys mean nothing to me. Greg Hardy got a second chance. Ray Rice, if his performance wasn't horrid, would have had another chance. Saying never trust some kid who just turned 20, made a mistake, but nothing criminal, is absurd. Players do worse things every day. Young has every right to be angry. If he recorded me, I would be angry. But if that's the worst thing anyone will ever do to you, you will have a really happy life. People need to let it go.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 06:51 PM)

crap, nhl and nfl players will really get into a brawl over this.

look at a story that came out several yrs ago on the retired bears center, the big, short tempered hawaiian, he punch a teammate while in line for something, b/c of a joke.

nah, things would be different in other sports.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
The NFL guys mean nothing to me. Greg Hardy got a second chance. Ray Rice, if his performance wasn't horrid, would have had another chance. Saying never trust some kid who just turned 20, made a mistake, but nothing criminal, is absurd. Players do worse things every day. Young has every right to be angry. If he recorded me, I would be angry. But if that's the worst thing anyone will ever do to you, you will have a really happy life. People need to let it go.

Greg Hardy and Ray Rice both did things far more scummy, but neither of those things violated players trust within the lockeroom, which is critical to the overall success of a franchise. I am a huge Russell fan and think he'll be a great pro, but I think everyone on this board is severely undervaluing the fact that he secretly recorded a conversation and leaked it. That is brutal.

How would we feel if Butler recorded Rose complaining about Hoiberg and released that? I'm sure we'd all be livid and I'm certain everyone would be talking about how you had to dump him. The bright side is Russell is young, but its going to take a lot to earn that trust back and given the Bulls already have major issues in the lockeroom, I don't see how bringing in another issue helps the situation.

If we were going to change everything and bring in an extremely experienced and well respected coach, I could maybe buy it, but I certainly wouldn't be trading Jimmy at this point for Russell. If I'm getting Russell, I'm trying to buy extremely low on him.