8-14-15 Cubs vs Sox 3:10CDT (Hendricks vs Samardzija)

jasonxctf

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
Did we get a he found it call there from Hawk?

I missed that game and when I listened to the clip on MLB.com I was cracking up for a while. Sounded like Hawk was asleep there for a bit.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)
I mean he ran into one there but I'm going to continue to bash him. He is a really bad player

He didn't "run into one" he f***ing pulled his hands in, rotated his hips and drove a rocket into the gap for 2 RBI.

If he can hit any inside fastball like that consistently, even ones at 89-91 he's gonna solve a lot of his problems at the plate.

f*** la roach clip.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
I am not going to try to convince everyone that Avi will be a good ball player. When he reaches his potential all his haters will act like they always knew he had potential I am sure.

He will never be the 30/30 guy projected by management ever.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
Really it's his defense that is really punishing Garcia and the team right now. They'll have to figure that one out at some point.

Luckily we play in the AL that has a DH. Thompson continues to show strides the rest of the year and the off-season you could see him in RF and Avi DHing

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
Nothing like a 30 pitch first inning

Are these pitchers really ready for the first inning/start of the game? There is something missing here and ain't first inning runs allowed either

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
Ran into one? He has been hitting the ball well lately no matter how much you think he sucks

He has 4 HR this month which is really the only good part of his line. Everything else is consistent with crappy Avi batting lines and he had gone the whole month of July without even snagging 1

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
I am not going to try to convince everyone that Avi will be a good ball player. When he reaches his potential all his haters will act like they always knew he had potential I am sure.

I won't. I'll eat hats or whatever. And I'll only be bitter about it if it happens when he;s on another team. I love it when Avi gets hits -- it feels like finding money on the ground in the parking lot.

I'm really glad Avi just drove those two runs in, but he's still in the midst of a sub-replacement-level season.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
Luckily we play in the AL that has a DH. Thompson continues to show strides the rest of the year and the off-season you could see him in RF and Avi DHing

I mean that would be ideal. Even if Thompson doesnt end up grabbing that position(maybe a free agent)

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)

Nobody would argue about that potential.

On the other side of that is 1000 at-bats of experience and his lack of noticeable improvement on defense...perhaps a couple of spectacular plays at the fence have overshadowed that (along with a number of assists).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
Next time we get a DH, we might want to find a hitter actually accustomed to and comfortable sitting on the bench or simply junk it for the rotating/resting 4-5 guys idea...

we tried that once and it failed. I am sure they are reluctant to do it again. I think Laroche who is a gold glove fielder might be better playing the field. Maybe?!

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 03:43 PM)
Next time we get a DH, we might want to find a hitter actually accustomed to and comfortable sitting on the bench or simply junk it for the rotating/resting 4-5 guys idea...

We have a DH for the foreseeable future, his name is Jose Abreu. He has a career .916 OPS as a DH, and .917 OPS as a 1B.