White Sox peripherally make news for Cub Hating

caulfield12

FWIW many people have asked me if I'm rooting against the Cubs, being a Sox fan and my answer is the same "A) No--why would I? B) Rooting against them won't make us better."

Emphasis on the latter.

What is depressing is even if they only get this far, for one season under Maddon and four starting rookies--that's pretty effin' amazing. They have a lot of years to look forward to.

Then there's us...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
My daughter and I made some Halloween decorations this weekend:

22290534765_f84e0e1a67_c.jpgUnhappy Family

I have been somewhat critical, but that is great.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 06:50 PM)
Aren't you a Notre Dame fan?

and [/thread]

Of all the fanbases, Notre Dame's may be the most delusional.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 07:46 AM)
I actually went to ND though, and even worked for the football program for a year, so that's a bit different than just being the obnoxious bandwagon fan. I also find a lot of those ND fans annoying.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I completely agree with you though. Going to school there does make it different.

Touchdown Jesus! Rudy! Tim Brown! And 1947 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Lujack once jumped in my car and stopped it from rolling out into traffic when I left it in neutral instead of park. Sadly, his Chevy dealership in the Quad Cities lost its franchise relationship, but that's another story for another day.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 07:50 AM)
I'm just giving you a hard time. I completely agree with you though. Going to school there does make it different.

Also went to ND, and can confirm that I too find a lot of ND fans completely obnoxious, too many unfortunate similarities with Cub fans. But it wasn't too bad when I was there (2008-2012) because the football team had a very mediocre stretch during my tenure.