White Sox deal Jaye for LHP Will Lamb from Texas

royoung

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 38s39 seconds ago

On minor league side, #WhiteSox acquired LHP Will Lamb from Texas for RHP Myles Jaye. Lamb was at both Double-A and Triple-A last season.

Lamb is a 6'6' 25 year-old who he had a 4.42 ERA between AA and AAA last season all of the bullpen.

He was Texas 2nd round pick in 2011 out of Clemson.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
Lamb is a young infielder who played the past two years with the Dbcaks. Played in just over 100 games last year for Dbacks, posting a .716 OPS and a .331 OBP (BA of .263). Had a WAR of 1.7 in those 107 games. Seems like a solid bat at 3B (which is where he played). Also played first. Does this mean Lawrie is at 2B?

It's actually Will Lamb, former Rangers LHP

Would seem to miss a lot of bats, but he also misses the zone quite a bit. 4.94BB/9 in his minor league career vs. a 8.26 K/9. Career WHIP is pretty inflated at 1.41. Even his best season, which was in 2014, he had major control issues. Presume this is one of those, Sox like his arm and stuff and think he could profile as a good lefty reliever with some work from Coop.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Would seem to miss a lot of bats, but he also misses the zone quite a bit. 4.94BB/9 in his minor league career vs. a 8.26 K/9. Career WHIP is pretty inflated at 1.41. Even his best season, which was in 2014, he had major control issues. Presume this is one of those, Sox like his arm and stuff and think he could profile as a good lefty reliever with some work from Coop.

Hopefully he's not like the other tall, solid build lefty who missed bats but had control issues coming out of Clemson (whom we drafted) that you really liked. ;) Good ol' past days of FutureSox.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)
Hopefully he's not like the other tall, solid build lefty who missed bats but had control issues coming out of Clemson (whom we drafted) that you really liked. ;) Good ol' past days of FutureSox.

If you are talking Tyler Lumsden...I was never very happy with that pick. I consistently ripped the Sox for how they handled that year they had the multiple picks. Of course in comparison to the Wes whisler pick, the Lumsden pick looked great.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
If you are talking Tyler Lumsden...I was never very happy with that pick. I consistently ripped the Sox for how they handled that year they had the multiple picks. Of course in comparison to the Wes whisler pick, the Lumsden pick looked great.

Ah my mistake. Might of been Cerb then. In either case, I agree it was just that era of the low ceiling, low floor. Thank god for that 05 year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)

I thought he was talking about Erwin, who we traded yesterday.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 05:47 PM)
I was gonna say.. Hahn strikes again with the former Sox killers. Mike Lamb KILLED us in the 2005 world series.

Except for swinging an invisible bat against Cotts in game 1. Still not sure how he missed those pitches.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)

Hey now, that was my dude.