Brandon Phillips NOT traded to Nationals

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Is there a time when a guy with a QO can be signed without giving up the pick? Like does that go out the window once the season starts or Spring Training?

Isn't it like mid June? That happened to Stephen Drew a couple years ago I believe.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
Can't find the tweet now but someone said Phillips wanted an extension and he 2 more years left at some ridiculous rate for what he is now. Washington didn't want to do that and rightfully so.

Yes, this is correct.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
None that is better than Lawrie, unless we get Harper lol.

Sox aren't trading Lawrie.

Do a 3 way.

Sanchez wasn't a problem. Even Don Ventura seemed satisfied.

Do some platooning, dare I suggest. I will point out that Avi had a .750 OPS against left handed pitchers. A lot of teams get a lot more mileage out of flawed players than the Sox do.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 09:04 AM)
A lot of teams don't prefer to use flawed players the way you do

Sure they do. They just think they're good when they're really flawed. Heck Melky didn't have that much better year than Avi; but somehow he's a solid #2 hitter, while Avi, in his first full year, is garbage. (not to mention that the cw is that Avi won't take a walk; for this organization, his walk rate isn't terrible and it's better than Melky's was).

Laroche had a .697 against right handed pitchers; .383 against lefties (.383!). Tell me, why does the field manager let him hit against lefties?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 09:16 AM)
Sure they do. They just think they're good when they're really flawed. Heck Melky didn't have that much better year than Avi; but somehow he's a solid #2 hitter, while Avi, in his first full year, is garbage. (not to mention that the cw is that Avi won't take a walk; for this organization, his walk rate isn't terrible and it's better than Melky's was).

Laroche had a .697 against right handed pitchers; .383 against lefties (.383!). Tell me, why does the field manager let him hit against lefties?

That's because Melky has a good career in his history and Avi has done exactly the same thing since he has been in the major leagues.

But I don't expect you to look at that, since all you can do is cite small sample size . Fwiw I want nothing to do with Laroche but he is mediocre at best so it makes sense that you want to platoon him and keep him around, instead of upgrading with players that are better than him, I mean heros