2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 01:31 AM)
Sad. Used to love it when it was Dr. Drew and Carolla.

Even Mike, the last host, was good. Was a good show for teens not comfortable talking to their parents about some stuff before the Internet.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 4, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
The race at the track this weekend is slightly bigger than a claiming race. You may have heard of it.

How did you come to own two horses?

This was fun. My wife and I were sitting out on our deck last night when she notices a snae hanging down from one of our trees. We had a 5 foot or so rat snake paying us a visit. A co-worker asked me this morning what I did. I explain I took a few pictures and posted them to Facebook -- duh. :P

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 5, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
The building I work in has had multiple Cinco de Mayo potlucks, and also at the same time, there is no more toilet paper in any of the restrooms.

It is Mexico's revenge for turning Cinco into a stupid drinking game, complete with racist stereotypes.

So I managed to give myself 6 stitches last night. Friday night I got home from a company outing in the dark. I took my laptop and put it on to the dining room table, knocking a candle my wife had put up there over, shattering the glass container it was in. No big deal, cleaned up the mess and put it in the trash. Last night while taking the bag out, it brushed against my calf, cutting the back of my calf wide open. Two hours of ER time later, I am up to date on my tetanus shot, got a couple of X-ray's to look for any glass shards, and got six stitches in me. Luckily they needed my room so they took care of me pretty quickly to make space for a real emergency.

Fun way to spend a Sunday night.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)
So I managed to give myself 6 stitches last night. Friday night I got home from a company outing in the dark. I took my laptop and put it on to the dining room table, knocking a candle my wife had put up there over, shattering the glass container it was in. No big deal, cleaned up the mess and put it in the trash. Last night while taking the bag out, it brushed against my calf, cutting the back of my calf wide open. Two hours of ER time later, I am up to date on my tetanus shot, got a couple of X-ray's to look for any glass shards, and got six stitches in me. Luckily they needed my room so they took care of me pretty quickly to make space for a real emergency.

Fun way to spend a Sunday night.

That sucks.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
Does anybody else have kids who are really bright and intelligent, honor students even, and sometimes they do things where you're like "you are a total f***ing imbecile"?

my 15 year old daughter almost set the microwave on fire over the weekend.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
Does anybody else have kids who are really bright and intelligent, honor students even, and sometimes they do things where you're like "you are a total f***ing imbecile"?

Probably the way my parents looked at me

I have a credit card that I use like twice a year. Apparently when I paid my bill last month I was a day late. So the CC company sent me a paper bill in the mail for 7 cents.

The postage alone for them to even send it to me was 7 times that amount... :lol:

Yes. Regularly. Also I'm pretty sure I was that kid too. My mother actually told a girlfriend at the time (my wife now) when she go to know her, that raising me was like "raising a retarded child, but because he was so smart".

Thanks, Mom. I think. Or not.

I think my parents felt the exact opposite about me. ;)