2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)
Like... you're facetious here, but this is literally what someone could have tweeted me completely unironically.

Yup I've seen these before...

It's straight up insulting from an intellectual standpoint. Like oh, are you sure your party's politics haven't changed in the past 150 years?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
I'm really hoping that Trump's buying all of the "Trump Wins!" garbage internet polls, thinks they're legit, and does not change a thing in his plan for the next debate.

(he did not cite any of the real polls)

Gotta love the Fox 5 San Diego poll... :lol:

I'm sure /pol had their hand in some of this. Although after Trump made fun of 400 lb hackers, I'm sure some of them are turned off now.

In Illinois election news, a judge has slapped down Illinois' Election Day voter registration

A federal judge has prohibited Illinois’ most populated counties from continuing to register voters at polling places on Election Day, saying the way the system is currently set up in the state violates the rights of people voting in Illinois’ more rural regions.

On Tuesday, Sept. 27, U.S. District Judge Samuel Der-Yeghiayan slapped a preliminary injunction on the implementation of an Election Day Registration program, created under a state law which required all Illinois counties with populations greater than 100,000 to implement a system to allow would-be voters to register to vote at the same time they cast ballots. The law allowed counties with fewer than 100,000 people to not implement the system, if they lacked the so-called electronic polling book system required to make such a system work.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
Gotta love the Fox 5 San Diego poll... :lol:

I'm sure /pol had their hand in some of this. Although after Trump made fun of 400 lb hackers, I'm sure some of them are turned off now.

I love how its a screen shot of the poll after someone personally voted too.

Trump at least is actively making attempts to speak to the African-American community, but not sure he's really listening.

What has he proposed that 50%+ of African Americans would support?

When you constantly assail foreigners, women, Chinese, the Latin-American community, are blacks thinking "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" (whites often look at minorities as competing with each other rather than relatively unified in the struggle for a better life/standard of living, especially black vs. Hispanic)...?

That Trump has empathy and really cares about fixing a problem dating back to Jamestown and Plymouth Rock?

And if Alicia Machado is fat (maybe he missed her Maxim shoots a decade later) and Miss Housekeeping, why did he marry two foreigners from Eastern Europe (Ivana/Melania) if he believes immigration is so terrible? At some point, he might realize 99% of Americans originally came from other parts of the world.

He even kept that "un-American" name for his favorite, Ivanka.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
I'm really hoping that Trump's buying all of the "Trump Wins!" garbage internet polls, thinks they're legit, and does not change a thing in his plan for the next debate.

(he did not cite any of the real polls)

Of course all those polls were bunk.

Edited by BigSqwert

LOL it's just as I predicted. Everybody says Hillary won. All the "legit" cable outlets, newspapers, etc. There's absoultely no proof of her winning. You can spin it any way you want and the media is spinning it as "well prepared Hillary" shuts up mean ol Trump who kept interrupting her of all things!

LOL. You ever watch a political TV show? Except for Meghan McCain's show, all they do is scream over each other. And Trump is seen as evil for doing this and Hillary the great shrugged it off and WON!! She is the clear cut winner.

No matter there is no proof she won. She in fact was so boring it's hard to comprehend. But she's already been deemed a modern American hero for her epic debate performance vs. the INTERRUPTOR! Give me a fricking break please.

And the pundits say how could Trump not attack Hillary on Emails, Benghazi, her husband's infidelities. And if he'd have done that it woulda been WE DO NOT WANT A PRESIDENT that rude! How dare he mention those things!

Round Two ... more of the same, then Round Three the heavy knockout punch. The media will beat Trump into submission with the KO after debate three. And in reality ... the debates will all be boring ties.

VOTE JESSE VENTURA!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 10:50 PM)
LOL it's just as I predicted. Everybody says Hillary won. All the "legit" cable outlets, newspapers, etc. There's absoultely no proof of her winning. You can spin it any way you want and the media is spinning it as "well prepared Hillary" shuts up mean ol Trump who kept interrupting her of all things!

LOL. You ever watch a political TV show? Except for Meghan McCain's show, all they do is scream over each other. And Trump is seen as evil for doing this and Hillary the great shrugged it off and WON!! She is the clear cut winner.

No matter there is no proof she won. She in fact was so boring it's hard to comprehend. But she's already been deemed a modern American hero for her epic debate performance vs. the INTERRUPTOR! Give me a fricking break please.

And the pundits say how could Trump not attack Hillary on Emails, Benghazi, her husband's infidelities. And if he'd have done that it woulda been WE DO NOT WANT A PRESIDENT that rude! How dare he mention those things!

Round Two ... more of the same, then Round Three the heavy knockout punch. The media will beat Trump into submission with the KO after debate three. And in reality ... the debates will all be boring ties.

VOTE JESSE VENTURA!

84-86 million Americans were tuning in for fireworks.

At any rate, I don't believe anyone in the universe described her as a modern American hero. If anything, she might be the last Baby Boomer to run for the presidency, although theoretically a sixty-year old born in 1960 could run in 2020. Just think the next leader has to be closer to 40 than 70.

And, if you care nothing about the details of governing, evidence of preparation or policy knowledge, then I suppose it could be be considered a tie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)

And the pundits say how could mTrump not attack Hillary on Emails, Benghazi, her husband's infidelities. And if he'd have done that it woulda been WE DO NOT WANT A PRESIDENT that rude! How dare he mention those things!

VOTE JESSE VENTURA!

LOOK AT THIS GUY EVERYONE, ITS THE NEW NATE SILVER! SEVENSEVENFIVE.COM!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)

VOTE JESSE VENTURA!

Yes Greg, its the media's fault that Trump has no plan.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
It was the post right above his.

Promoting non-scientific internet polls as proof that Trump won isn't merely a different viewpoint; it's idiocy. And after SS respectfully explained why that was the case, Brett got salty and snarky.

I got salty and snarky? Wow, you all need to spend more time with the non internet world.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 08:57 AM)
Things I don't know about Trump: what's in his tax documents

Things I do know about Trump: what his wife's breasts look like and that he thinks he has a big dick

Why do you need taxes then?

I think about this post a lot. Again, I think the prevention of Trump is more important than anything, but I do think a lot will be helped by a Clinton presidency:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a6209...an-with-cancer/

This post has the Facebook post of a man who had cancer while uninsured. After some heroic effort by physicians to get him treatment on the cheap, the hospital sent him into collections. Hillary Clinton stepped in from there.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 08:57 AM)
Things I don't know about Trump: what's in his tax documents

Things I do know about Trump: what his wife's breasts look like and that he thinks he has a big dick

Ivanka > Melania