2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)
He isn't ideal, but he is way better than Clinton, unlike the guy that actually won the nomination.

The whole thing about the GOP is that Trump was never electable.

There were 6 to 8 of those other candidates that were electable and 2 or 3 that would have won simply becasue Hillary is not well liked.

The way the GOP played is rather disgraceful as republicans kind of handed the presidency to HRC.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 12, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
The whole thing about the GOP is that Trump was never electable.

There were 6 to 8 of those other candidates that were electable and 2 or 3 that would have won simply becasue Hillary is not well liked.

The way the GOP played is rather disgraceful as republicans kind of handed the presidency to HRC.

I fully agree with you.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 13, 2016 -> 07:52 AM)
I could too although he has some rigid religious beliefs he needs to punt.

Speaking of religion, Hillary would be in trouble if this were 30 years ago. I saw a video on youtube that had a priest in the church saying it was a serious sin if we vote for Hillary. She is pro choice and Trump is pro life. Interesting that they are officially saying it's a sin to vote for Hillary when the other side is pro life. Catholics today don't abide by the rules so it's no big deal, but like I said, years ago ... wow, she'd not get a single Catholic vote. She also offended all catholics in the leaked emails, but it's getting no publicity.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)
1)She is pro choice and Trump is pro life.

2)She also offended all catholics in the leaked emails, but it's getting no publicity.

1)I doubt Trump is actually pro-life.

2)12 years of Catholic school here, and I was not offended. I actually agree that there's a faction of Catholics that are as fundamentally nutty religious as any other fundamentalist religions.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 12:58 AM)
1)I doubt Trump is actually pro-life.

2)12 years of Catholic school here, and I was not offended. I actually agree that there's a faction of Catholics that are as fundamentally nutty religious as any other fundamentalist religions.

I was just reading our local Catholic newspaper and the bishop here was blasting Tim Kaine for being pro choice. He really laid into Kaine, who went to Rockhurst High School in KC which is Jesuit. It's funny how everybody is picking the "lesser of two evils" this election and we Catholics apparently believe Trump is the lesser of two evils because of the all-important abortion issue. This is serious stuff to Catholics.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 03:24 AM)
My wife's whole family is catholic and also lifelong democrats.

Thing is ... technically if we as Catholics vote for Clinton over Trump since one is pro abortion and the other anti, we could be denied Communion if our votes were public. Also, Kaine could be denied communion if he got in the line in which the bishop who ripped him was distributing communion. Kaine is unable to receive communion because of his public stance that is pro choice on this issue.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 07:41 PM)
Thing is ... technically if we as Catholics vote for Clinton over Trump since one is pro abortion and the other anti, we could be denied Communion if our votes were public. Also, Kaine could be denied communion if he got in the line in which the bishop who ripped him was distributing communion. Kaine is unable to receive communion because of his public stance that is pro choice on this issue.

And this is why I just have no interest in going to church.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 03:45 AM)
And this is why I just have no interest in going to church.

It's definitely an interesting phenomenon, the denying of communion thing.

This is good, though. The current pope wants this practice stopped.

http://deadstate.org/pope-francis-demotes-...ce-politicians/

Edited by greg775

Jesus=Peace and Justice, Social Gospels, etc.

How that would equate to it being a sin to vote for a Catholic is beyond me...see the election of John Kennedy in 1960.

Besides the fact that the Republicans being "pro" death penalty runs just as strongly against Catholic doctrine.

Sinners, tax collectors and money changers, prostitutes=99%

Donald Trump and family=Top 1%

If Trump has more "faith" than Obama and the Clintons, it would be extremely hard to make that case.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 07:41 PM)
if we as Catholics vote for Clinton over Trump since one is pro abortion and the other anti (abortion)

Pro-choice doesn't mean pro-abortion.

However, Roe v. Wade declared abortion a legal right under the Constitution, and it's interesting that the "law and order" candidate is allegedly not interested in following that law. I guess we can pick and choose which laws we follow.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 15, 2016 -> 11:25 PM)
Pro-choice doesn't mean pro-abortion.

However, Roe v. Wade declared abortion a legal right under the Constitution, and it's interesting that the "law and order" candidate is allegedly not interested in following that law. I guess we can pick and choose which laws we follow.

35834251.jpg

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 04:04 AM)
yep religion just ruins the world. It offers nothing yet people murder each other and fight each other over it all the time.

Some would disagree that it "offers nothing." A lot of smart people are religious and believe in God. People murder each other and fight each other about a lot of things. I disagree pretty much with your post.

Hey I was told to put negative Hillary stuff in the Republican thread, so here's an article on the wikileaks on CNN

"Clinton collected at least $1.8 million for at least eight speeches to big banks."

LOL Good work if you can get it, wink wink.

Folks, Hillary is just as crooked as Trump. My gosh ...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/16...ons-emails.html

And Hillary owns the media, lol.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/10/14/...-and-maids.html

The USA presidential election is a farce. We need a complete do-over. How bout Cruz Kasich ticket vs. Bernie-whomever.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 01:03 AM)
Some would disagree that it "offers nothing." A lot of smart people are religious and believe in God. People murder each other and fight each other about a lot of things. I disagree pretty much with your post.

It's my opinion and that's your right to disagree of course. I do find it funny that you had to bring up "smart" people that are religious. I never said anything about someone's intelligence being correlated to their practicing of religion.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 16, 2016 -> 06:28 AM)
It's my opinion and that's your right to disagree of course. I do find it funny that you had to bring up "smart" people that are religious. I never said anything about someone's intelligence being correlated to their practicing of religion.

I feel like I have to defend practicing organized religion here. I get a strong anti organized religion vibe on here. Really surprised Sox fans are so much on the left. Didn't mean to imply you weren't smart.

It's sad that educated people are telling us the election will be rigged. Sad state of affairs in the USA. Republicans stand no chance. And you people don't believe me that Chelsea will follow her mom to the oval office. Why wouldn't she? She's a lock to win.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/16/politics/rud...rump/index.html